New Kids in Town

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #36 – New Kids in Town

A nice night time in Metropolis for Jake Star had a great Birthday party and all with his friends from school to go to do some arcade fun; same for Helen to show up along with Clark, Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Dan, and others to have the best time ever with food, games, and gifts for him to have some trouble sleeping for Helen checks on her soon to end the day Birthday brother of hers.

"Helen...?" he calls out to her again. "Helen!"

"What?" she comes into his room to check on Jake. "It's almost passed your bedtime, even if you just turned eleven years old today."

"Yeah, but I can't sleep...Could you tell me a story?"

For someone like Jake in his age sounds odd to do for Helen's standards.

"Aren't you too old for story time now?" Helen questions Jake.

"Well, aren't you too young to be parenting?" he questions Helen back.

With a quick hit on the head from Helen to make Jake stop, she had something better for a story to tell.

"Shut up...Fine. I got a story, a made up one on what if one our enemies tried to hurt Clark Kent who was almost killed from the past who didn't became Superman? (This is one story I can come up with.)"

Jake already likes the sound of that idea to hear.

"Oh! I like that...could it be Brainiac?"

"Why him?"

"I don't know...because he can be scary." he said. "Come on, Helen, tell me! Then I promise to go to bed afterwards. This will be my last story telling Birthday gift."

With Jake saying it to his sister, Helen had no other choice to make up those things of Clark staying alive from Brainiac rampage from his past.

"Okay, here's how it goes so pay attention...It all started further away from the future."

And here goes on the made up 'what if it happens story' told by Helen.

Helen: It's the year 2979 A.D. and things are peaceful in Metropolis. However, Brainiac soon disrupts this peace by attacking a presumed power source called the 'antimatter accelerator'. He easily defeats the guards and reaches the main controls he modifies the accelerator to create a portal and enters into it. The lead scientist calls in the Legion of Superheroes for help. Three members arrive: Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, and Chameleon Boy. They learn of Brainiac's escape into the portal and chase after him. The scientist warns them that he can't bring them back, but they don't care.

"This is crazy." said the scientist.

Well, not when it comes to the three heroes from the Legion of Superheroes of the future. For Chameleon Boy to say that before leaving with the other two.

"You asked for heroes; you didn't say anything about sanity."

Helen: After going through the portal, the group ends up on a farm just outside Smallville. Unfortunately, they run into a farmer that mistakes them for pranksters. They easily chase him off and Saturn Girl erases his memories, and then leave to look for Clark. Clark is at a school dance where he's having a good time until he's confronted by Kenny Braverman and sister trio to hang out with.

"What's this strange power you have?" Lana asks her once boyfriend Clark.

But he was lost.

"What do you mean?"