Solar Power

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #20 – Solar Power

Things are as normal in Stryker's Prison, but Edward Lytener walks toward a helicopter that has landed in the prison yard. A guard tries to stop him, but Lytener activates a device that enables him to become invisible and steals the helicopter. The guards try to track him, but the helicopter itself becomes invisible. Huh? What gives? Jake hears the news from the radio from which his teacher was listening to during study class at school for him to be hearing about Lytener has escaped.

"(Edward Lytener!?)" Jake asks his teacher for something. "Sorry, bathroom, teacher. Need hall pass. Be right back!" he rushes out to give Clark and Helen a call from work. "(I better hurry, otherwise Lois will be in danger by this killer again.)"

The weather turns stormy. At the Daily Planet, Clark, accidentally drops a pen under his desk. Unable to reach it, he looks around to make sure no one is watching, then lifts the desk. To his surprise, he feels his strength waning, and drops the desk, feeling a pain in his arm.

"Clark?" Helen checks on her friend. "You drop your pen again under the desk, didn't you?"

"Looks like it."

Hmm...Clark as Superman in pain after doing something like that? How's it possible?

"Yeah, but I don't remember you getting hurt after doing those things. That's new for you-!" Helen started to cough badly. "I wish I can say the same thing if I wasn't half human and Kryptonian...!"

"Sounds like you're coming down with something." said Clark.

"But I barely get sick!"

Jimmy checks on them as well since he wanted to ask Helen Star to be his girlfriend for quite something, but had trouble to.

"You two look down." he said.

For Clark to say this to Jimmy...

"I'm just...feeling weak."

"Must be the weather, does that to me from time to time." said Jimmy to check on Helen next. "Hey, Helen, you sound awful. Are you coming down with something?"

With Jimmy feeling Helen's forehead, she tries to stay strong.

"It's nothing, Jimmy, really. But thanks for asking." she smiles.

So cute...For then Helen gets a call from Jake to answer it with Jimmy tagging along 'keep on trying', as well as Lois gives him a call and tells him she's heading for Stryker's to interview the guards. Clark warns her that Lytener may try to come after her again, but she brushes it off. As Jake calls up to let Helen know of the danger.

"Helen! Get Superman and let's track Lois down! Because Lytener's there to hurt her again!"

"Lytener?!" she rushes over there to be running right away. "Excuse me, Jimmy." Helen gives Clark a sign quietly. "(Clark, Lois is in danger by Lytener for Jake and I go there right away! Please hurry!)"

He gets the message.

"(I'm on my way.)"

Jimmy sees Helen off to stop Lytener.

"Be careful out there, Helen." he said to himself.

Lois was tough to get close to her killer again like this. However, Lois finds herself in peril when the cable trolley she's riding stops, and a planted laser device starts cutting through the support. Lytener's also left a recording, saying that, this time, it isn't personal and Lois is just the bait.