Two's a Crowd

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #10 – Two's a Crowd

Things look bad as the SCU surrounds a house. Maggie Sawyer calls up the inhabitant of the house and she and Professor Hamilton try to coax him out of the building. As both Helen and Jake arrived at the scene first, they both know rushing inside would be a very bad idea to do.

"Good thing you're not the type of person to stop the bad guys by beating up and ask questions later, huh Helen?" Jake said to make a joke.

Helen pats Jake on the back a bit hard to be acting silly as well.

"Ha, ha, Jake. Very funny!" she then sees through her x-ray vision from the building. "Okay, the dude's still inside. And I don't think he'll be playing around with anyone of us."

"Earl Garver, I wish this would've never had come to this if he just didn't make the weapons, we didn't allow in Star Labs." With Hamilton explaining that part to Jake and Helen, they were dealing with an ex-scientist to lose his mind completely.

For Maggie try to get Earl to talk, but he won't listen to have Dan step in now with both Jake and Helen would be ready to go.

"Dan, it's your turn to make a move." she said. "Jake. Helen. Get ready to follow."

"It's show time, people! Let's do this." said Dan.

He refuses, forcing the SCU to attempt a raid. For Jake got his wand ready and Helen to some type of smoke to make on her own. However, the house is barricaded with steel walls and automated weapon systems. For Helen to break through a bit to do a bit of damage alone from smoking Earl out was no good there; and to Jake trying to cut through the steel home to have no luck on that part either. As another gun pointed at Dan to hurt his knee and for her to push back the weapon as she tries to slow it down.

"Not good...! Jake! Get Dan and the other officers out of here!"

All attempts to enter into the house are met with failure.

"Dan!" Jake helps him out.

"This is nothing really."

Now what can anyone do since Helen couldn't stop Earl on her own. Superman shows up and asks about the situation.

"Jake. Maggie. Hamilton." said Superman. "What seems to be the problem?"

The man in the house is Earl Garver, a former employee of S.T.A.R. Labs who has stolen a radioactive isotope from S.T.A.R. and made a bomb that can destroy three miles of the city. The lead-encased bomb is set to go off unless Garver gets paid fifty million dollars in ransom.

"I think he's going to do it if we don't stop Earl and fast." said Maggie. "And with Helen holding up, she could use your help now."

"I'm on it. I'll get Earl to change his mind." he takes flight. "Jake, cover us."

Jake does so to create a shield for Superman.

"I'm right behind you!"

Superman makes his own assault on the house for Helen helps him out now since the Man of Steel has arrived.

"About time, Superman." Helen absorbs the blast from the gun to back Superman up to punch and break down the steel doors. "Basics!"

Inside the house, Superman and Helen find there are more defenses, such as electrified walls to break down and a powerful gun for Helen to break with her bare hands in seconds.

"You're getting good using your superpowers similar to mine, Helen." he said. "A lot to take in during a fight."

For Clark/Superman to say that to Helen makes her feel better about fighting a lot by her friend and Jake's side.