Unity

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #44 – Unity

With things coming and going in one day, Jake looks like his calendar book to let Helen know the big news comings up.

"Hey, Helen! It's happening! Its happening!"

"What is, Jake?" Helen asks her brother.

He shows his sister on a book to be written down.

"Kara Kent's coming by to see more Supergirl helping out a lot more this coming week and such." said Jake. "Clark's happy to see her as much as we are too."

She almost forgotten it was this week to be ready.

"Kara's coming? Then we better be ready for her arrival."

You can say that again. It's a peaceful day in Smallville, and today is extra special for Kara. It's the start of Spring Break and she's going to spend it in Metropolis. After literally speeding through her chores, she is taken to the bus stop where she's given comic books by a young boy who's interested in her. Just before she gets on the bus, she bumps into a tall, dark man dressed as a reverend, who creeps her out.

"Spider powers? Eww!" she rads one of the comic books. Ha! One of them reminds me of Spider-Man. As the weekends, Supergirl sends a letter to Jonathan and Martha Kent, telling them about how she's met celebrities and been around the city. "The Metropolis Meteors made me their honorary bat girl. Won't Barbara be jealous?" She also explains that she's been Supergirl in Metropolis and beat Volcana to aid Superman, Helen, and Jake.

However, now that the week has ended, she has to go back to Smallville, much to her dismay.

"Don't let this get you down, Kara, you had fun. Just think of this of another fun time to have with me next time. Besides being Superman and Supergirl." said Clark. "We did great with Helen and Jake helping us out."

"I know."

While Kara makes her last a few days count with her cousin and friends, Jake has been getting some news about Kansas having a new odd cult to be going around to tell Helen about it while they were at the arcade together.

"What the...?" he was lost to tell Helen next. "Helen, check out this latest newspaper report unlike no other."

"What do you mean? I worked at the Daily Planet, remember?" she tries to see it. "Which article are you reading?"

"This. It's something to do with people acting like mindless zombies from a new cult to be going around call Unity."

Unity, now that's odd to hear something like this to be happening all of a sudden in Kansas.

"Unity?" Helen was confused. "What is this, guessing games?"

Jake might've heard a rumor to be going around lately to tell Helen about it.

"No, it might be real. Unity...There's a lot going around about someone in black shows up from every state from town to town, he goes to tell people about something big to tell others about it; the next thing is they go to see it and then have their lives change forever to become calm a lot to be...very freaky to clear their minds and sometimes too violent. Don't look at me, but there's more spreading back with Mrs. And Mr. Kent from Kara's hometown. Between you and me, Helen, we better keep our eyes on what's to come next just in case."

Now Helen believes in her brother on this one.

"When do you want to check it out?" she asks.

Sooner than they both think, maybe. While on the bus, she is bored into action and runs home. When she returns to her house, Streaky greets her, but is afraid of the Kents. They tell Kara that they wish to take her somewhere special and take her to a circus tent. The reverend emerges and explains that he's preaching unity, 'the one true source of universal bliss,' and Kara is to join them.