The Hand of Fate

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #26 – The Hand of Fate

A lone thief wanders through a university's storage room where several artifacts are kept. He accidentally drops a clay jar and discovers there's a stone tablet inside. The tablet's writing magically changes to English and he reads it out loud.

"I am power beyond your dreams, call to me." he reads on what it says. "Huh? 'Karkull com siva co. Karkull com siva kanvasay'. Yeah right." and then he stops. "Singing Polly wolly doodle all day!"

He dismisses the writing as nonsense, but as he passes a display case, he sees his reflection, and notices that his eyes are glowing and his skin has turned jet black. Fleeing the university, he stumbles into an alley, and then transforms into the demon Karkull, who crushes the stone tablet and starts wreaking havoc on the city.

"I am Karkull! And at last I'm free again and forever!"

As Jake was leaving the arcade after hanging out with his friends, he felt something horrible to be causing trouble in Metropolis that was out of this world.

"Huh?" he didn't like this feeling. "(A bad omen...? It appears to be. I got to tell Helen and Clark about this right away." Jake takes off while telling his friends to stay safe. "You guys, I'm heading out, you should too. Stay in your homes at all time. Trust me!"

Superman hears the disturbance and heads out to confront the creature. The MPD is clearly over matched by Karkull's magic, and Superman saves two officers from being killed before engaging the demon. Jake arrives to fire off his wand which saves the innocent bystanders from Karkull's dark magic that almost killed them, but it did destroy a light pole.

"Jake?" Superman sees him.

"Superman, I sense you out to warn you about...That thing! It's bad news!" he said. "I think you're going to need a lot of my help on this one."

For those two have to face off against Karkull together.

"What are you suppose to be?" Superman demands to know.

"You stay out this, mortals!"

Trying to attack Superman, he pushes the demon back for Jake backs up Superman with his own magic to destroy the creature for good.

"Shamoo! Can do!" Jake thought he had Karkull defeated but with no luck. "Huh?! This is some demon."

With the fight to be going on, Helen was still working at the Daily Planet with Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Ron, and the other reporters working on the clock. With Helen putting things away and bringing them down the office to be really fast at working, really getting use to a lot for a good work out.

"Is that all? Come on, I can do more." she said and sees Jimmy working on his photography. "Got any new pictures, Jimmy?"

"Hi, Helen. I'm trying to...It just no good front page covers."

"Just keep trying." said Helen to be really fast at her work. "I maybe having Superman skills and my own, but I'm still human."

True, and for Jimmy to be dating with someone like Helen is a dream come true to him.

"Which makes you wonderful having a girlfriend." he said. "Don't worry, I'll get more photos than the last ones. What do I need a picture of? Luthor kissing a donkey?!"

Nice joke there to make Helen laugh.

"Now that's something I would like to see for Luthor in."

We all know the real joke on that one. Ha! Soon, Lois sees something from outside of the Daily Planet of Superman and Jake fighting off with Karkull to get her newest story with Jimmy and Helen tagging along.