Feeding Time

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #4 – Feeding Time

From Helen and Jake telling Clark/Superman about their nicknames for their powers to make up and learning how to control them 'with Hamilton helping them out', Helen Star is affected by Kryptonite as well like their hero/friend. Why is that? And what was with her arm too? For now – it was hard to say for Helen to still test out her powers from outside of the Star Labs to give it a try to be fine. Firing off other element type of attacks while saying 'basics' a lot to help her feel at ease.

"(Okay, looks like I'm not turning into a monster. Or at least didn't absorb Clark's powers. Unless he asked me too.)" Helen was thinking about something. "(Hmm...I hope the Professor will find out my blood test results on something soon enough, and yet...I feel like Mom had a lot to do with one of our fathers. Mine or Jake's? Why am I affected from Kryptonite like Clark?)"

Jake moves up closer to his older sister's face to know what she was thinking about to sense it out to answer back for Helen. Or takes a lucky guess on it out of nowhere.

"I bet you and Clark are the same Kryptonians."

"Ah!" Helen moves away. "Jake?! Don't do that to me!"

"What?" he was confused. "I'm just saying that since you have some type of power to feel weak from the Kryptonian rock, you could be somehow related to Clark."

Hard to tell if it was really true. Helen would've notice it or Clark himself to point that out.

"Huh? No! Jake, how can you say that? I would've known if it was really true or not. I mean, Mom would've told us...Or you than not me."

So much for taking lucky guesses, and because of this – Jake understands how Helen was going through right now 'must be hard'.

"Sorry, I thought I try to help." he said. "Well, put your glove back on. I think Professor wants to see us now with Clark."

Oh, right. Almost forgot to mention that Hamilton made a cool black and pink type of workout of a strap of glove for Helen's left arm to look normal; when it's removed will turn into a type of demon-like hand to be ready to fight and to absorb any elements it touches. Cool, huh? And from there, Helen was getting good at her powers, for her and Jason go back at the labs to see what Hamilton had in store for them and Clark as Superman for today.

"Got it. At least this glove comes in handy thanks to the Professor." she catches up with her little brother. "Wait up, Jake!"

With the two heading on back to the Star Labs, Superman worriedly looks at a large rock of Kryptonite, but is pleased to discover that his new Anti-Kryptonite suit is working perfectly.

"Feel anything?" Hamilton asks Superman.

Looks like he was just fine.

"Nothing." he said. "I feel fine."

"Well, would you look at that..." Jake was impressed.

Its creator, Professor Hamilton, explains its composition as he stores the Kryptonite in a wall safe, commenting that it should withstand whatever trouble Superman may get himself into. As Superman takes off the suit for storage, he quips that Professor Hamilton seems to think that he goes looking for trouble.

"Now, Helen, you try by absorbing your arm with the metal lead please."

With Hamilton saying on what she needed to do, Helen touches Superman's suit to give it a shot. And...the rock doesn't hurt her body one bit from the Kryptonite at all. It works!