Target

Superman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #16 – Target

At the Excalibur Awards for writing, a group of reporters are nominated for an award for investigative reporting. For Helen and Jake were there to support Lois on this one against the other three people and for Clark as well.

"You think she'll win, Helen?" Jake asks his sister.

"Hmm...Something tells me that she just might, Jake. Knowing Lois to be a tough, she's a cool and kind person." she answers. "Between you and me for Clark as Superman is in love with her."

Seems like it secretly for Helen to pick up on it already, even for Jake.

"So I've notice."

Lois happens to be one of them but discovers a message on her napkin: 'You win, you die!'. This happens to get both Helen and Jake's attentions when they saw it.

"Huh? A napkin says, 'you win, you die'?" quoted Helen. "It must a joke to anyone than it is with her, right?"

For Jake to see something else from it, he had a very strong and bad feeling to sense out.

"Ah...I don't know. (I feel something very wicked from the message that's not a bad prank.)" he said to himself.

Lois wins for her expose on LexCorp and goes up.

"Go on up, Lois." he said.

Clark and Helen too both hear a strange sound and notices that a laser is cutting at the cable holding up a giant glass sword over the podium.

"What the?" Helen picks up on it. "Clark, I think our ears are hearing something working behind stage and not ringing randomly. Jake might be on to something big."

Seems like it. Clark leaves and becomes Superman as Lois makes her speech.

"Oops, better go wash this off before it stains."

Superman manages to save Lois just before she is killed.

"Lois! Look out!" Helen sets in.

From him shielding Lois, Helen using all her strength to hold back the glass a bit to slow down, and Jake turning all the shards into bubbles from one beam blast from his wand.

"Shamoo! Can do!"

That was a close one, for this mess to happen was no accident. Whoever put that laser there to make the statue fall, was really getting to Lois Lane herself. But who? After the near assassination, Lois finds the detective in charge of the investigation is Detective Bowman, an officer who had lost a promotion due to an article she wrote.

"Hey, this is police business, lady." said Bowman. "I know what I'm doing besides wannabe reporters and/or children with magical powers."

This made both Jake and Helen mad at this detective.

"Hey! Who asked you?!"

"I'm not just 'one of the other reporters'. And for both Helen and Jake, are good friends to saving people like Superman is." she said. "This was an attempt on my life, you know?"

But like Bowman cared at all but to get the job done.

"You really wanna be helpful? Try making a list of all the people who might wanna see you dead. And try to keep it to one page."

Lois was sure that Detective Bowman will be of no help. Helen sticks her tongue out at the man from behind.

"Says you, loser!" she got mad. "Look, Lois, whoever cut the rope from the steel parts is smart to use some type of machinery."