There's People Inside Your Head? [AO3 Request]

Wendy gets diagnosed with DID, Stan and Kyle take the time to learn about it.

This has a LOT of dialogue so be prepared.

I SWEAR I posted this but it randomly saw it in my drafts and said "what the hell??"

Warnings: SMALL mention of Sexual Assault

"You sure you're okay? That cut is pretty bad."
Kyle said, bandaging the wound on Wendy's knee.

"Yeah, it didn't hurt. I didn't even know I was bleeding until I looked down and saw the blood tripping down my leg."
Wendy responded for the final time.

"How did that meeting with your psychologist go?" Stan asked.

"Psychiatrist, actually. And I guess it went alright." She started, falling into her bed.
"Got diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder."

"DID?"
Kyle exclaimed.

"Apparently so. I mean, it explains some things I guess but I don't know. I barely know anything about DID."
Wendy answered.

"Yeah I haven't really heard much about DID. Isn't it pretty rare?"
Stan said.

The black haired girl nodded, rolling over so her face was stuffed in the comforter.
"Why are we like this?"
She asked, muffled.

"Like what?"
The short boy wondered.

"Mentally ill. I mean, you have depression and anxiety,"
Wendy said, turning to look at Kyle.
"And you got bipolar and OCD. And now I got DID. What even causes mental illness and stuff?"

Kyle lays down next to her, gently kicking his legs. He lets out a small laugh.
"Trauma, genetics, our environment, anything can cause it."

"Do you have to be medicated for your illness?"
Stan asked.

"I don't have to yet. She prescribed me some antipsychotic medication but I haven't picked it up or anything, she said I have it under control so I'm not going to take it unless I think it's getting out of control."
Wendy claimed.

"Yeah, understandable, if you take them when you don't need them, you spend money getting more." Kyle stated.

The other boy sighed.
"To be able to not take medication everyday. Sounds like heaven."

"Tell me about it, you got no idea what lithium and abilify do to me."
The taller boy replied.

"Yes we do, you're a lot calmer since you started them."
Wendy giggled.

"I mean, sure, I guess. Out of all the changes I noticed I haven't noticed that."
Kyle said.
"But this isn't about me right now."

"What's that supposed to mean?"
She asked.

"Well, what are the symptoms for DID? How did your psychiatrist know you had DID?"
Stan quizzed.

"She knew because she's a psychiatrist, that's kinda her job."
Wendy responded.

"No shit. What are the symptoms you have for DID?" Kyle asked.