🧡Part 17🧡

Yibanathi

Today is the day my granny is going to the church conference which is 3 days. It is friday morning and my granny is busy with adjusting her outfit. It is a long black dress with a purple formal blazer and black formal wedges. Sandile is gone to school and when he comes back he is going to our neighbour's house for his sleepover. Our neighbour, MaTsolo was a single mother of 2 boys Alwande and Mawande. They are Sandile's age and they are twins either way so I have the house to myself even though I feel down.

"Yibanathi I am gone."

My granny said to me and then she left the house. I go and take a short nap hopefully when I wake up and go and surprise my man I will feel better. I will come back tomorrow so that Sandile can find me home. I slowly feel myself dozing off...

***********

I am so tired today and I have a feeling something sad will happen to me. I have been carrying a heavy heart all day. I have a strong feeling that something sad will happen to me. I have been feeling down since morning.

*Beep Beep*

A notification comes through my phone and I take it out of denim skirt pocket. I just tap the message on the lock screen instead of typing my password to open my phone.

"IT'S OVER!"

I look at my phone and shake my head because no maybe I am seeing things. I immediately type my password to open my password to open my phone and head straight to my messages and I discover that it is what it is. This guy how can he dump me via text message and to make it worse he uses 2 words in bold and and they are capital letters.

Haibo guys how can this happen to me of all people.

I am currently inside a taxi to with my overnight bag and the taxi is heading to my boyfriend's house. I know I didn't tell him I am coming over but I want an explanation of this text. Infact I demand an explanation of this text because I know Sfundo to be a man of jokes that are dry I am sure this is one of them. It is probably a prank because he can't do me like that especially after all that we have been through.

I start to breathe heavily.

"Sisi wami ukahle?"
[Are you okay my sister?"

A guy asks next to me. He is sitting next to the window and I feel like gaining wings and flying to my boyfriend's doorstep at this point.

I look at him before responding to his question.

"I am fine."

He then nods and closes the window. I give him a look and then reach out my arm and open the window wider than it was originally.

After about 30 minutes the taxi is now almost going to pass KwaBen which is where I get off.

KwaBen is actually a person's house that is by the end of the street which is now a stop sign. I have to get off at KwaBen then take a 15 minute walk then you reach his house.

I decide to just say I want to get off KwaBen quite early than when we are 5 minutes closer because knowing and having experience with taxi drivers I will get shouted at for not talking early.

"Ngicela ukusala KwaBen!"
[Please can I jump off at KwaBen!]

The name KwaBen is named after a man who was the local casanova. So his real name was Themba, may his soul rest in peace. So the name Ben actually came from his type of behaviour. The story behind KwaBen is that Ben dated 6 women at the same time and successfully got all of them pregnant and he was younger than these women. He then we went married 2 women from Eastern Cape. While in his polygamous marriage he was still busy with his best friend's mom.