🧡Part 11🧡

Sthandiwe

Mrs. Chiliza also known as my mom tells me to go and help KJ carry the things inside. I have so much to say but I don't know how. 

I fixed my scarf properly to hide my wrists from prying eyes. I step outside and I see him standing by the car. I quickly turn around so he does not see me.

"Sthandi."

I guess I was not fast enough. He is the only one who calls  me that. Sthandi was the nickname he used for me. 

I go to him either way because I was meant to help him carry the things inside. I reach the car.

"Can we go inside and talk. Please."

He begs me. After the matric dance we wrote our exams and I never saw him again. It was the end of it all. He moved from Ntuzuma to go to Cape Town and that was the end of us. I never though I will ever see him again.

"Let's take the stuff out and then go to the back of the house so we can talk properly."

He gqve me a bottle of wine and he was holding two 3L Tupperware bowls. He gave me the car key to lock the car. I did just that and we then walked to the back of the house.

We put the stuff on the floor and looked at each other.

"Zani"

I say breathless because wow this guy still has an effect on me.

"Sthandi what is wrong? Talk to me."

How I wish I can just tell him everything that is going on but it has been long since I saw him and he has changed. He used to be a light-skinned guy that had a medium sized body. Now he is all buffed up with a small beard growing.

"Zani please a lot happened okay and please I don't want to talk about it."

I say to him.

"Sthandi I know it has been long but my feelings for you have never changed infact it has gotten worse. I thought that I will see you but no. I swear the universe has brought us together to see each other for a reason Sthandi."

He says. The universe brought nothing. I so do not want to touch the miscarriage issue.

Zani is Khonzani Mhlongo Jnr. The guy who made me a woman. I just cry because of his words and the feelings I have for him seem to be coming back like a tornado. My wrists ache like hell. I try adjusting my scarf and it falls on the ground.

I try to pick it up and he holds my hand and I wince in pain and he notices it. He looks at my wrist and he sees the cut on the right hand I shake my head trust me I don't even know the reason for shaking my head but I want to explain that it is not what it seems and he looks at my left hand as I pick up my scarf and that seems to confirm his thoughts. He pulls me into a hug and that is when I hear my mom clapping her hands really loudly.

Now we are screwed but at this point I couldn't care.

Zani let's go off me and immediately picks up the things he was carrying and goes straight back inside walking like the wind when he was passing mom.

"What in the world is going on here between you and that Mhlongo?"

"Nothing." I reply and she gave me a slap. I went blind for a minute there I honestly saw a few stars there. I am in pain as it is. I feel asleep on the floor and woke up on the cold floor and not to make things any better I skipped breakfast then The so called Mhlongo guests happen to involve Zani and now I just got slapped. A lot is happening to me all in one day.

"You better stand properly and fix yourself because we have lunch to eat together with my guests."

My mom is something else I swear. She looks at me and I stand properly and wipe my face from the scarf I was holding and she then comes towards me and gives me a push so I can start walking back inside.

I walk inside and everyone is watching the television. We enter from the back door which opens straight inside the kitchen.

"Susa lesoskhafu emahlombe awusiyena umfelokazi. Nxa!"
[Remove that scarf you are not a widow. Nxa!]

My mom shouts at me. My cuts are now out in the open for everyone to see all thanks to thee Mrs Chiliza this woman proves each and everyday that she only cares about herself. It is about her publicity.

I go to my bedroom and throw my scarf on my bed and go and sit on the chair on the far end of the dining table. I see they put the medium table near the sink and it has been set for a mini buffet. All the plates and food are placed there neatly.

I am just sitting on the dinner table looking like a lost chicken when I hear the laughter and talking from the lounge seem like it is coming closer to where I am and yes. Everyone is here. My father sits on the chair on the first chair as the head of the house. His wife on the left. Nobuhle on the right. Khonzani Senior next to mom and his wife on his right. Zani on the right next to Nobuhle. I am opposite my dad. There is 2 open spaces on the right next to Zani. It feels like an abnormal seating if you ask me. I am just sitting and looking at these people.

Kayise immediately comes carrying the living curse with her and sits next to Zani and there is now 1 spot left.

"We can now start."

Mom announces.

"Avuyile let me help."

Aunt Kayise says which leaves me shocked since when does she offer to help mom.

"It's okay you can sit besides you are carrying a baby. I will help"

Mrs Mhlongo says.

"I think the baby wants it's mother right Anathi?"

Aunt Kayise says busy folding the baby blanket like someone ready to pass the baby on to someone. She better not look in my direction because I will not hold that baby.

"It's okay Sthandiwe go and help your mom."

My dad says. I stand up and I hear a voice.

"You guys wanted to start before me."

The voice says.

"Awu Chiliza."

Zani's dad says.

I blink twice to check if I am seeing correctly at where the voice is coming from.

No it can't be it cannot be...

Oh who did I offend to deserve this treatment.

***********

Author: who do you think Sthandiwe saw?

What do you think about Avuyile's behaviour towards Avuyile?

Any thoughts about Zani.

See you in Part 12😘❤