🧡Part 47🧡

Thembekile

I unlock the car doors and Zenande is the first one to enter followed by Ntokozo.

Zenande is my granddaughter who is 7 years old while Ntokozo is my grandson and he is 6 years old. Zenande is frowning at me as young as she is she has guts to frown for an adult like me which reminds me of Zweli her dad when Bafana reprimands at him.

"Zenande what's with the frown?"

I ask while looking at her as she is getting comfortable in the back seat.

"We have been knocking since and you were ignoring us."

She says while removing her back pack and putting it next to her.

"Sorry."

I say while turning and starting the car.

"Hmm."

Zenande says. This girl does not seem convinced one bit.

Typical Zondo girl.

I look at my phone before I start driving and I see the message, more like a reminder for this afternoon. I have a nail appointment today and it seems like this kids just have to stay alone at home while I rush there.

"Kids when you get home please lock the doors and please make yourselves busy okay, I have somewhere I need to rush too."

I tell them and they don't seem bothered at all. Good for me then.

"Okay...so where are you going then if we must lock ourselves in and make ourselves busy?"

Zenande throws the question at me.

"None of your business young lady."

I answer her. She rolls her eyes and starts staring at the window. In all of this that is happening I am looking at the two that is sitting so comfortably back of my car through the rearview mirror.

"Don't mind her, she loves stressing herself and creating drama."

Ntokozo says as we start leaving.

***********

Velile

I am sitting in my house thinking about this whole Yibanathi issue.
Amile is back here running after my son.

She said she is going to Durban and she needed his help on I don't know what. On the other hand Malibongwe has been blowing up my phone like no body's business. I still haven't spoken to Thembi. A lot is going on here.

My house is sparkling clean not that it was ever dirty but it's extra clean for Mandlakhe's sake.
Mandlakhe is one fussy man that is a neat freak. I still need to find a proper way of making Yibanathi stay permanently in this house in such a way that she does not suspect that there is an agenda behind it.

Yibanathi is good I mean she cleans the house every single day. It's neat she is like a househelp but she does not get paid at all which is exactly what I need and the bonus thing here is that I never asked her to do so. It was all her idea so I will be making sure she never loses that thought in her head because as much as I need here it's not as worse as her needing us. I mean she has managed to get Cebo in line so fast. A good nap is what will help me think clearly.

***********

Yibanathi

This whole thing is messed up. The Ndamase's are messing up with my life. I can feel it that something is wrong somewhere, somehow.

Cebelihle wants me to give him a chance.

A chance as what exactly?
To be my boyfriend the guy is crazy. I am not in the right state of mind to even be in a relationship let alone want to start something with Cebo. The very same guy man handled me for quite some time and now all of a sudden there is a spark of love in him, I wonder who he thinks he is fooling because it is definetly not me.

I don't want to be mean but dating him sounds like a very bad idea so I trust my gut and right now it says that allowing him in my life through the romance door is something I should not even think about doing. I would not want to end up in a funeral parlour because of Cebo without even one person to shed tears for me as a sign of love or care since I am an orphan.

I am single and not looking.

This statement will remain for as long as maybe 5 years. I am not going to allow a man in my life and then give him an opportunity to break my heart then I have to pick up the pieces alone.

I believe I will have strength for love after 5 years. After then maybe my baby would have grown up a liitle. The baby that is if there is a baby to even start with.

God I keep thinking about this whole pregnancy thing. What if it's not there but I know those 2 old people are never wrong. Pensioners are always the first to spot a pregnancy especially the old people who always need help to load an airtime voucher on their phone but then those two are not wrong especially with a whole sangoma involved it is true but I need confirmation though.

Question here is how will I get it?

I need to also find out what is going on in this house and outside of this house.

Only God knows what else will happen when the head of the house returns back here from wherever ìt is he is coming from and so as a girl, a big girl at that I need to have a plan and soon so I can get out of here because being here in Umbumbulu does not make sense at all because Avuyile and her partner can find me and who knows what they will do to me.

***********