🧡Part 43🧡

Velile

It's been hours since I heard that mere love confession from Malibongwe.

I am in my bedroom and I am contemplating on whether to share the story with Thembi or not. Thembi thinks my life is perfect because she has never in all my years of marriage hear me utter a complain.

So Malibongwe you may ask why him?

He is the Royal Chief Advisor that alone speaks power. He works closely with the Chief now that is money. So Malibongwe has a huge reputation which is very attractive. When it comes to men for me it is status and networth but you must be a legit man in making these two things though I settled for less when I married Mandlakhe Ndamase.

If there is anything both Thembi and myself have in common is the love for money.

I guess I could call Thembi and hear what she has to say but no rather not I will call her tomorrow when I am more calm.

***********

Yibanathi

So now I am here in my so called room busy thinking. I have tried to sleep but I have failed and right now I am very thirsty.

I guess I should go downstairs and get some water to drink. I get off the bed and wear my flops. I am currently wearing a black legging and an oversized t-shirt. I have no sleepwear with me after all I left my home in quite a brutal manner. There was no time to pack all the necessities. I am just managing what I can really until I make a plan.

I walk slowly down the staircase trying to not make noise and wake Mrs Ndamase and son if the son is back from his Amile chase. It is silent as I am walking which means I am safe or so I thought I was because now I am on the last step and my eyes land on Cebo.

Just great and he is on the phone of which he quickly drops the minute our eyes meet. Okaaaay!

This whole thing is weird but I am not focused on that either way my greatest concern is my thirst.

"Yibanathi, why are you not sleeping at this time of the night?!"

He asks me with a panicking face but yet he is trying to conceal this some sort of fear if I can call it that by trying to smile and show his cute crooked bottom tooth.

"I am thirsty."

I reply while leaving him standing there by the couch looking like a log of wood. I really don't know see the need of entertaining Cebo especially at this time of the night.

I get to the kitchen and switch on the lights then I get some water in a tumbler from the tap and then took a few sips from the tumbler then I decided to refill it with water. After refilling the tumbler I headed for the door and switched the lights off before closing the door shut on my way out.

I make my way back to the lounge and Cebo is now standing and blocking the staircase. So stupid if you ask me because it is not like we are fighting or something  that he would need to fight for my attention.

"Please can I pass!"

I shout at him with gritted teeth.

"My love please."

Haaah he must be confused because I do not by any chance look like his love.

"Eh please Cebo leave me alone."

I tell him while trying to get past him.

"Please just 10 minutes please."

Cebo says while looking at me and stretching his arms blocking the staircase. I just sigh while I head for the couch and he follows me to take a seat next to me.

"My love please in all the time we have spent together I have realised that I love you."

What a bombshell!

"Ha!"

I say because that is all that I manage to say because this is shocking.

"Please don't look at me like that please."

He tells me when I give him a look of shock.

"I want to us to be together. Please give me a chance."

Cebo says with a pleading look.

I just continue to look at this guy who is going crazy. This is the worst approach I have ever heard off let alone come across. How can you say I want what does he think I am? A piece of furniture or what and besides everything is happening too fast for my liking. What does he know about love and worse how can he ask for a chance to be with me?

"Excuse me please."

I say to him and stand immediately with my tumbler in my hand and head to my so called room.

All of this is really weird. This is concerning if you ask me.

***********