🧡Part 29🧡

Yibanathi

My gran is not moving.

Oh lord!

What have I done?!

"Weeh Yibanathi njalo wena umenzeni u-Avuyile?"
[Yibanathi what did you do to Avuyile?]

I hear a voice behind the door and it is MaNgubo. I had even forgotten about her. Now it is only a matter of a minute before she comes inside and she finds her friend like this, all knocked out.

"Yibanathi!"

MaNgubo screams like a mad woman outside the door and I keep quiet. I need to escape this house because I can see I will not see tomorrow if I continue to stay here in this house where it is crystal clear that I am no longer safe. My life is in danger and not only my life but the baby's life as well.

MaNgubo opens the door and her eyes wander around the room and they land on her friend lying on the floor. She rushes to my grandmother and tries touching her and she is looking all scared.

"Yibanathi you have killed your grandmother. You evil child."

MaNgubo says to me.

"But I was only defending myself."

I answer while crying and MaNgubo touches my gran's hand and her fingers move a little and they then freeze.

"I can help bring her back to life as she has only taken her last breath moments ago and you don't have to go to jail if you do as she said."

MaNgubo says without even an ounce of shame. MaNgubo has her ear on my gran's chest trying to hear her heart beat I suppose. My gran's fingers move again as MaNgubo is hysterically crying and holding her hands.

No way! So this woman is unconscious and MaNgubo here wants me to believe that she is dead so that I do the so called abortion.

Who does an abortion in the house especially if they are as far as I am. It could lead to lots of complications and can even be fatal so this just goes to show that they don't care about my life the only important thing is image. What will people say? Who cares about the people and most importantly where are the people when need them because when we are suffering we are alone and the very same people she is concerned about are not willing to help.

MaNgubo is still crying like a widow who just heard the news of her husband's passing. This is my opportunity to make a move while she is still causing drama over her friend and they both think I am naive and stupid to fall for their tricks.

I move towards my wardrobe and open it and take my medium travel bag that I own and take a look back to the two witches and the unconscious one is still passed out and the other is chanting what not and is not looking at me. I throw some of my clothes inside the bag as well some toiletries and undergarments.

"Hold it right there little missy and where do you think you are going?"

MaNgubo says and she is litterally behind me as to how I did not notice her move from her friend I don't know.

"Ayy leave me alone you witch."

I say to her and she raises her hand with the intention of giving me a slap and the minute she aims the hand at me I block her halfway. As to where I got the power and audacity to do such I myself don't know but what I know is that I shall not allow myself to be subjected to danger.

"Yibanathi you are holding my hand!"

MaNgubo shouts with shock written all over her face.

"Mmmh mmmh I am massaging your hand."

I respond while giving her a slight push and she move like a piece of paper mind you she is very thin so it was like the wind blew her away.

I took the opportunity to zip my bag properly and carry it on my shoulder while marching towards MaNgubo who was coming in my direction with her hands folded into a fist.

I wonder who she thinks can be hurt by her old age fist but I don't want to take any chances so I remove my bag and swing it in her direction and it hits her and she falls on top of her friend who immediately opens her eyes.

My gran is a trickster that I can assure you so this whole time she was awake up but her eyes were closed.

I get my back and my gran is trying to sit up and the keys fall out of her pocket and I jump and grab them before she even does and rush out of the room to the main door and I unlock the door without hassle and indeed the lord is with me because there is always shuffling and rustling when you open the door but now that I am rushing to leave there is no problems with the door.

I am already outside and running to the end of the street. I run till I reach the dead end which is only 4 houses away from my home. I sit down to catch my breath and while I sit down it all comes back to me. The dream.

The woman in the dream did warn me but I did not listen. Who would have thought that something like this would happen and someone who is my guardian, my family could be responsible for it.

It is only a matter of time before Sandi gets back from school and I am phoneless. But me having a phone with me will also cause me problems so it is better I left it there. At least that is the only thing that I know Sandile will enjoy having which belonged to me.

I stand up and carry my bag with me and then start walking into the bush that leads to the centre of Umbumbulu where community meetings are usually held. I am breathing heavily as it is and I am grateful that I am no longer panting.

I walk and I am determined to walk to wherever my feet will land me as long as it is far away from that house so that they can not find me anytime soon.

Wonders shall never end who would have thought that Avuyile, my grandmother would want to perform an abortion on me and even go as far as wanting to terminate me in the process.

************

🙈forgive me for any errors I did not edit or check for errors😪.