🧡Part 44🧡

Yibanathi

I just entered my room and shut my door. I just wish I had access to a key so I can actually lock my door for the sake of privacy.

I head for my bed and take a seat right there on it and take a few sips of water and then I stand and place my tumbler on the floor. I grab a pillow and just sit on the tiled floor and just allow my mind to think and find reason behind everything that is happening.

So Mrs Ndamase wants to keep me hidden from the world yet her husband is coming back soon. I wonder how she intends on doing that because I am sure the man will not hesitate to throw me out once he finds out the truth that I ran away from home. In the midst of this house arrest that I am currently in Boy Boy or should I say Cebo is here confessing his love for me.

I admit Cebelihle does have the looks but he just does not make the cut unfortunately. Cebo is a spoilt mama's boy and the guy likes man-handling me. To top it all off there is the Amile girl. I don't know if he broke things off with Amile because she was here earlier. It is clear that she did not take the break up but then when I woke up from my pretence nap no one was in the house.

Mrs Ndamase came back alone and I don't even know when Cebo came back and I really don't care honestly. Cebo must be really stupid if he thinks I will date him especially when that Amile is still in the picture. I cannot degrade myself to that extent of settling for abuse. My grandma did teach me not to persevere and turn a blind eye to abuse all because of what people will say.

Now imagine me throwing myself in that relationship knowing very well that Cebo can raise his big hands on me and I can't even fight back. Dating someone is the last thing on my mind. I have enough problems in my life to have time to date someone. I am just a girl with baggage and there is lots of baggage to deal with.

My life is at a standstill. I have nowhere to go and no one to talk too. Is this the life I was destined for? To be poor,lonely and homeless. I wonder why my father rejected me. I am probably an illegitimate child who knows. I don't even know who my father is, I don't even know my mother's grave. My grandma said my aunt called me a curse and called my grandma a witch.

The witch part I know because that is how we ended up here in Umbumbulu. We were so much better living eNanda because we were not as poor compared to living in Umbumbulu. I have grown hatred for my aunt because of how we left our house in eNanda. She literally turned our lives upside down.

I went to school and I hold a degree yet I am jobless and Sfundo was a lesson to me not just any lesson a huge one. Sfundo is what I call a walking red flag. I was just a farm girl who knew nothing about boys and I was just excited for getting noticed by the opposite gender. Sfundo took advantage of my not being able to afford to take care of myself to lure me with money.

I also blame myself for not taking necessary measures to protect myself because I was taking contraceptives but when I was about to go back home I stopped because Sfundo and I were not getting intimate that much like before and he always used a condom so I saw no need to put effort since I was going back home.

Oh what a life!

I am now basically an orphan that has just been let out into the wilderness. I am just a walking zombie. I have no goals, my dreams are shattered. I do have a to-do list though and the main important thing is to move out of this house. I don't know when or how but I need to do that soon because this house here is giving me strange bad vibes. I mean I am still here in Umbumbulu and I am still here near a place I once called home.

A home where I thought I was loved but I see that I was wrong. My grandmother's love is not an ordinary kind of love, it comes with terms and conditions so if ypu don't comply you suffer the consequences.

I wonder what is really Mrs Ndamase's plan and why Cebo suddenly has a change of heart of wanting us to date all of a sudden. I need to thread carefully. There is definetly more that meets the eye...

***********