🧡Part 23🧡

Avuyile

"Goodbye boys enjoy your day."

I say to the boys as they carry their school bags on their backpacks getting ready to leave for school.

"Bye gogo."

They say together and they leave the house.

I make some tea for myself before I start with my spring cleaning. Yibanathi is fast asleep even with the shuffling that was happening when the boys were getting ready for school. I do not know what kind of a flu that makes a person sleep almost the whole day. I must start my cleaning the minute I finish my tea.

***********

I just finish wash my mug and left it on top of the kitchen counter.I decide to start in the Sandi and Anathi's bedroom after all their room has to be clean since they are children. I carry the mop and broom on one hand and a bucket with water with me on the other.

I open the door Anathi is fast asleep on the sponge mattress.

"Anathi!"

I scream. No movements take place and I do what I know best to make her wake up which is to remove the blankets on her.

"Nooooo!"

She screams.

"No what... will you get up this minute!"

She wakes up busy mumbling after I told her to wake up.

"Ungisize ke mina ntombi makukhona ofuna ukusho isho ukhululeke Anathi angithi usumdala wena?"
[Do help me dear if there is something you would like to say please do feel free Anathi you are now an adult aren't you?]

She then leaves the room. I then start to pack the clothes that the boys left on top of the beds and put them away safely into the wardrobes as well as fix the area in which Anathi was sleeping on.

And I moved to the wardrobe where Yibanathi's clothes are and to my shock the minute I open the first door on the left my eyes land on the first shelf there and to my surprise I find all the three packets of sanitary towels that I bought still full and not even one is open now this is strange. Now this is completely strange and quite alarming if you ask me because I bought these first month she arrived and it has not been four months if in all four months not even a single packet has been used that only means one thing and I hope it is not what I am thinking so there is only one way to find out.

"Yibanathi!"

"Yibanathi woza lana!"
[Yibanathi come here!]

There is silence. Aah this girl wants to kill me I see but worry not she will not succeed. I take the 3 packets of sanitary towels and stuff them inside a plastic packet which I brought with me for any dirt that I may pick up.

I march to the living room and she is passed out on the couch.

"Heeeeeey!"

I scream.

"Why are you always sleeping,see this girl you are forever sleeping, why?"

I question while pinching her arm and she opens her eyes.

"Gran I am awake."