🧡Part 24🧡

Yibanathi

My gran has just left the house and she does not even tell me where she is going.

She is mean how can you wake somebody up in that manner and then start shouting like the world is coming to an end. I just wanted to laugh when she asked if I was a fly by night.

My grandmother has officially gone mad. She is here causing drama over my menstrual cycle as if she is me. I am the one who tried by all means to remain calm during the whole interrogation.

As a matter of fact I am now beyond worried now that she has mentioned this topic of not seeing my period. I did not even realise this because of the stress and heartache Sfundo caused me and not to mention this thing of being jobless is really weighing me down and to make it worse Sandi passed off his flu to me.

I get up from the couch and go to my bedroom not forgetting the packet that was thrown at me. I am happy the boys made the bed at least and it seems like gran was just getting started with this place because the wardrobe door is open so I close it and I open the window for fresh air.

I start to sweep the floor and then follow by moping the floor and then I head to my gran's room and from there I am tired so I decide that is it for the day. I go to the kitchen to boil water for myelf so I can bath and change out of my pyjamas.

***********

I just finish dispose of my bathing water. I am now wearing a pair of brown leggings and a black tank top. I head to the bedroom and comb my short hair. The struggle is real people I last braided my hair for graduation which was like 4 months and a half.

Sheesh!

I am now in the kitchen washing my hands and preparing to start cooking. I am sure samp and beans is good enough. I start to carefully pick the beans.

After about 15 minutes which went by quite fast I must explain. It is friday today and the boys will be back early from school.

I start the pots and take my blanket and head to the couch at least I know samp and beans take a while so yeah I will get some time to relax. We do not have a television here one of the reasons why one is easily bored here. We had one a long time ago but it stopped working and that was the end of it. We do have a radio though which my gran normally switches on but today it is off and I do appreciate the silence.

I wrap myself with the blanket and relax on the 2 seater couch and stretch. Just as I am stretching my grandmother comes in.

"Haa gran you are back?"

I say to her the minute she steps inside with her handbag in her hands.

"Mmh mmh I am gone."

She answers me I wonder what is up with her anyway. I look at her as she removes her sandals. I wonder what was so important that made her leave in such a hurry.

"Yibanathi get up from that couch."

I sit up when she says that.

"Is there something you want to tell me Anathi?"

Something to tell?

"Something like what gran?"

I question her.

"Mmh okay don't worry we will soon find out."

After her words she throws a packet at me from the couch she is seated in and it came from her handbag. Today my gran is throwing packets like she is playing with a frisbee.