🧡Part 25🧡

Narrated

"Gran!"

Yibanathi called out while running to knock on her grandmother's door. She knocked about 3 times while her granny was silent.

"Yibanathi get away from my door before you break it with your hands!"

Avuyile answers Yibanathi.

Yibanathi starts crying while sliding down the floor. After a while Avuyile's door opens to find a crying Yibanathi.

"Get up just get up and away from my door."

Avuyile went to the kitchen and turned the stove off. It was starting to burn and Yibanathi was too busy crying to notice.

Avuyile clicked her tongue when she realised Yibanathi was behind her.

"What do you want from me?"

Avuyile asks.

"I want to explain."

Yibanathi says to Avuyile.

"Explain what huh?"

Avuyile says.

"It was a mistake."

Yibanathi tells Avuyile. Avuyile chuckles a little while looking at Yibanathi up and down while realising the glow that Yibanathi has.

"Mistake?"

"Manje ufuna ukungitshela ukuthi ushelele wawa phezu komfana wase wakhulelwa wena huh?"
[So you want to tell me that you slipped and fell on top of a boy and you got pregnant?]

She says while Yibanathi is looking down and crying.

"Yibanathi you can cry an ocean but the fact still remains wena ukhulelwe."

[Wena ukhulelwe- you are pregnant]

Avuyile continuea to say to Yibanathi. Yibanathi looks up and attempts to touch Avuyile's shoulder and Avuyile shakes her hand off.

"Gran I am sorry."

Yibanathi apologises.

"Anathi you are not sorry, you are going to be sorry."

Avuyile says while leaving the kitchen to go to her bedroom and Anathi starts to cry hysterically while heading to the couches.

Sandile,Mawande and Alwande came back from school to find Yibanathi crying on the floor as they returned from school.

"Sis Anathi what happened?"

Sandile asked Yibanathi who was crying and could not even form a sentence.

The twins looked traumatized that they went straight to the bedroom with Sandile following them from behind.

Avuyile got out of her bedroom  when she heard shuffling which was caused by the boys.

She then went to the lounge and found Yibanathi still crying.

"Excuse me there please stop making a noise and embarrassing yourself in front of the children."

Avuyile says to Yibanathi who has red eyes due to crying for so long.

Avuyile clicked her tongue while starring daggers at Yibanathi. Avuyile then comes to the living room and switches the radio on. She then sits on the couch and relaxes a little.

The boys have changed out of their uniform and they are carrying their school socks so they can wash them.

"Sandi today you are not washing your socks come and drop them here."

She says while pointing next to her on the other side of the couch. Sandile comes and places his socks.

"Alwa and Mawa you too put it here infact bring all your uniform Yibanathi here is going to wash it all right now."

Avuyile says and the boys rush to fetch their uniform so Yibanathi can wash it for them.

Yibanathi gets up from the floor and sits on the couch.

"Anathi please get up from my couch. You want to break it for me with your weight please don't try me."

Avuyile says to Yibanathi who was sitting on the single couch who stands up in shame.

"It is a single couch SINGLE Yibanathi not 2 seater it is not designed to accommodate 2 in 1 so you better strengthen your relationship with the floor because that is where your non-existent behind will be sitting."

Avuyile says to Yibanathi who is silently crying. The boys come with their uniforms and Avuyile points with her fingers for them to drop it and Yibanathi sees this as a sign to get started so she takes the washing outside. It is by luck that they have running water in the taps and they have a  tap outside which is where they usually collect water from so they can do the washing.

Yibanathi starts washing and she sees the boys running outside to go play Soccer on the road end which is like 7 houses away from Yibanathi's home.

While Yibanathi is hanging the clothes on the washing line her grandmother is standing by the door looking at her while busy wondering where she went wrong with raising her up. The thought of Yibanathi successfully making her a great-grandmother scared her. Yibanathi has not only shamed herself but her family as well because if the community finds out she will be topic of discussion at every meet up spot.

Avuyile stomped her foot harder when she realised that she was completely finished because not only that Yibanathi is pregnant but unemployed she is making her local community enemies rejoice.

This is expected to happen in her family according to the community because there is no male figure in the house so anything is expected.

Yibanathi was done and was now sitting down thinking about her future as it was now clear that she is no longer looking for ways to get a job for herself but for her upcoming baby and she was not willing to abort.

"Yibanathi come back here."

Avuyile shouts from inside the house.

Avuyile then went to her room the minute Yibanathi stepped in and this made Yibanathi feel worse than before she left to do the washing because to her it felt like her gran was disgusted by her presence.

***********

After a long while the boys come back from playing soccer down the  road and Yibanathi helped them by getting their bathing water ready and she was sitting in the living room while they took turns in bathing in the bedroom.

After bathing and changing into pyjamas and eating supper which Avuyile did not bother to eat but she came and sat while they were eating.

"Mawande stop rushing the food is not running."

Yibanathi says to Mawande who is eating fast like he is on the rush.

"It must be nice looking after children Anathi mmmh."

Avuyile says to Yibanathi who immediately stops eating and looks down.

"Don't stop on my account Anathi you must eat especially for your condition dear."

The word dear sounded like mockery to Yibanathi and it was then that she realised that she was screwed infact completely finished.

***********