🧡Part 22🧡

Avuyile

Life has been life and I can tell that for these past 4 months life has been teaching me that it is not to be taken lightly.

I constantly pray everyday for a change in my life for Yibanathi to get a job because we are now suffering and I am now too old to get a job and if it was not for the lust I had for Mthiyane and that I could not resist him I am sure that I would still have my job because I probably would be taking care of Mthiyane's grandkids.

I am happy with the way Yibanathi has taken and accepted the state of our family. She is doing well for herself and she is even gaining weight of which is a good thing because she was even thinner than her mother was in her age.

Today is the 3rd day after Anathi went to Enkanyisweni and I am over at Tsolo's house. We are having tea and I am here to help her bake apparently she is going home to visit her family tomorrow and today is thursday and her kids will be staying over at my house. As to why she did not want to take them with her to the farms is strange but who am I to judge when I am a walking cupboard full of skeletons. Tsolo is in her late 40s and I am in my early 60s.

"How is Anathi doing?"

Tsolo questions while we are having biscuits and tea.

"I don't know at this point becuase she is forever sleeping but she has not coughed it is just feeling tired."

I mention which makes me think deeply about it so Yibanathi has not coughed not even once let alone sneeze and she says she has a flu yet she looks sick mostly in the morning and during the day she is sleeping.

"At least she is not sneezing like Mawande. The boy sneezes and screams while sneezing. It is so annoying."

Tsolo complains and I just laugh.

"Trust me Tsolo children will make you go mad if you get annoyed at every small thing they do."

I tell her.

"You are far better it is grandchildren for you. As for me the boys are mine and people often judge my parenting skills and laugh at my poverty."

I just shrug a little. Grandchildren...oh I have lived my life.

"Aay Sis'Vuyi let's leave the kids topic have you seen Chief Kubheka's daughter?"

Tsolo always has fresh gossip yet she does not leave her house everyday to go the other side of Umbumbulu where the chief is but she knows the news.

"No what is going on at the royal house, Tsolo yiza nazo sisi."
[Tsolo out with it sis.]

"Avuyile my dear you will not believe what my ears picked up yesterday."

She is now sitting closely to me.

"Yes and what did you hear?"

I question because this must be big news if Tsolofelo is behaving this way.

"So the mighty Kubheka's one and only daughter is pregnant!"

She spills the beans.

"Pregnant?"

I ask her because last time I heard about her she is about to be married in a few months to a rich and handsome boy who has asked for her hand in marriage.

"Yes pregnant. I was surprised to hear such."

Tsolo says while placing her empty mug on the mini coffee table she has.

"But she is getting married soon so it really does not matter much at least she will hide the shame of the having a baby out of wedlock."

I mention and she laughs a little.