Epilogue • Burning love •

Who could have imagined that the Institute would be bathed once again with gold, with precious green and golden flowers, enormous tables filled with different types of food, soft music playing and of course, a new married couple?

Well, it was a reality for the Lightwood-Bane family.

Not more than half a year had passed before Matthew and Harry announced their engagement, which at first, seemed to be a joke for everyone, they refused to believe it until seeing those rings on their fingers.
However, their family and friends couldn't be prouder, more excited and ready for another magical day.

-That we are twins, doesn't mean that you have to mirror everything I do. -Alec raised his eyebrows as he held a glass of champagne, which Magnus took to drink from it. The action didn't surprise Alec at all, he was used to sharing everything with his husband. -Besides, you've never liked the idea of marriage.

-First, I wasn't copying you. And second, I wouldn't have gotten married to anybody else. Only with him I felt it was what I want. -Matt showed an honest smile, his green eyes gleaming brighter than ever. He was wearing a white suit, black lapels with embroidered golden runes. Alec definitely would never have chosen something that caught the attention that much. But of course, he must admit that his twin looked like a prince.

-What are you talking about? -The other main character entered the scene.

Harry was there, brightly smiling, wearing a white suit as well, which jacket had golden runes, matching his gloves, the same color. He gently held Matt's arm and looked up at him.
His gloves had the peculiarity of having no fabric covering half of his fingers. It was their wedding day, he wanted to feel everything as intensely as possible.

-About you, of course. -The hazel-eyed smiled and kissed his forehead, while caressing his back, then his lips and the half warlock instantly received the kiss, smiling against his lips.

-What a sweet couple. -Magnus watched both linking his arm with Alec's. -And I was referring to my husband and me.

The four of them laughed, perfectly knowing that Magnus was talking about Matt and Harry.

They didn't even notice that Maryse had approached them, radiantly smiling, and not only because she felt elated about the new marriage, but also because love had that power of spreading happiness, especially after fighting for it for so long. She and Luke knew perfectly well.

-Congratulations again, this wedding is beautiful. -She tenderly caressed Harry's cheek, tried to fix Matt's rebel hair, of course failing in the attempt.

-More than ours? -Magnus raised his eyebrows as he played with his ring, not realizing that Harry, Matt and Alec were doing the very same thing. Twins things, right?

But Maryse did realize and a sweet smile appeared on her face. What a curious family they were, what a wonderful one.

-You know I loved your wedding as well and that you have great taste.

-I know. -He showed a satisfied smirk, watching Alec sideways and chuckled, hugging Maryse.

They had become surprisingly close, the woman seemed to have taken seriously what she said long ago about making up for her errors and needless to say that everybody embraced that change.

-By the way... -Said, as soon as she separated from Magnus' hug. -You never told me the full story about how you met. -Her eyes were now on the brand new marriage.

Alec had to contain his laughter when noticing how his twin widened his eyes and watched Harry, silently begging to not reveal it. But the boy didn't realize it and with a sweet smile, answered.