Nail Salon

Tina dragged me today to have what she called a "glamor up" day.
She plans to take me to the nail salon, then go buy party dresses - because I mentioned I haven't taken one with me - and get ready at home.

We took off a few minutes ago, and decided to walk there. We spent a good fifteen minutes enjoying the good weather while chatting, till we eventually got there.

They quickly get us settled, and I immediately feel at ease, in the girly pinkish vibes of the salon. All women there were chit-chatting with each other, or going through Vogue's magazines relaxing in their chairs.  

Tina was sitting right next to me and we were picking the colors and designs for our nails when a girl sitting across from us intervenes.

"Excuse me, hi!" she smiles. "I just thought I'd tell you to consider the new colors they brought in. There's a few ones that are really pretty. Like the green-ish one here? On your left? I tried it last time, looked really good and lasted so long!"

- Oh my gosh, you're right! Tina exclaims. Bea, it'd look gorgeous with my cream dress!
- You bet it will! 

Tina turns back to her. "Thank you..."

- Amy, the girl says. 

"...Amy. Thanks. I'm Tina by the way. And that's Beatrice."

I smile at her.

"Amy!", a voice yells. "Mark wants us to meet him at the bar at- Oh! Hi!"

Amy chuckles at the girl that just approached her.

- Grace, these are Tina and Beatrice, she points at us.

And... this is how we ended up befriending Amy and Grace. They helped us pick out the nail polish. Everyone agreed that burgundy was a great choice for me, so we made ourselves comfortable and we all four talked through the whole process.

They ended up inviting us to go to the bar with them. Tina said we'll think about it, so we exchanged phone numbers and agreed to stay in touch.

Tina and I walked out of the salon with beautiful nails. The mani-pedi cure were really relaxing. She was right. I needed this.

~~~

Our next stop was the mall. We had the best time.

We entered several shops and tried out many dresses. We picked out a few items, including new sunglasses and swimsuits. It was only after a few hours that we found something that pleased us. We walked back home with too many bags in our hands. We first stopped at Tina's so she could get her stuff.

She immediately dropped the bags on the floor and I did the same. We were just so tired from all that shopping and walking. 

The sound startled Jake, that we found brewing some coffee. His eyes grew bigger at the amount of bags we had, but mine focused on the mug in his hand. I ran to him and snatched the mug from his hands.

Coffee. Thank God

I drank a large sip of it and sighed in relief. Then I looked up to him in an apologetic look. 

- You're a fucking addict, you know that? he chuckled.

- Sorry, I winced. I was just dying for coffee since the moment we got out of the nail salon.

He just shakes his head with a smile, then proceeds to make another coffee for him since I drank his cup.

Tina, on the other hand, was smiling broadly across the room at the sight of us.

"You're just so cute", she mouthed. 

It was my turn to shake my head and smile this time.