Facing reality

Jake's POV:

For the first time since she ever came back, I am entirely sure of my next move.

I am not confused. My feelings aren't a mess I can't figure out, and most importantly, I know I love her.

What she told me earlier today... absolute shivers.

I'm not dumb, I understand what she meant.

But truth is, I haven't seen her since then. And even if I did, I'm still waiting for the perfect moment. I'll ask her out when the time is right.

The girls are doing God knows what in their own bungalow. They got tired after that first swim, and next thing I know, Jayden Luke Oliver Mark and I are the only ones left in the water.

I get them though, having not slept either. But now is almost lunch time, and we decided not to bother the girls and order something to eat from the small restaurant next to the surf shop.

"It doesn't matter what we think, Jake. But what does matter, is that you're finally in fucking touch with reality! Now, I know I said it doesn't matter what we think... but yes. Definitely yes."

Oliver's answer makes me smile a little. I had just asked them about their opinion on the situation, and if I should act on it.

- Bud, just this once, try to do what feels right. Don't calculate it and just... dive in, you know. I think you have your mind set on it already, and that you came to us just for reassurance. And I'll give you that. Bea is amazing, and it's so obvious how much she's special to you. So my only regret really is not having pushed you to it sooner.

Luke, always with his words.

Now I understand how he got that Marketing degree: dude's words are selling it.

-------------------------------------------

Beatrice's POV

We made ourselves coffee, just to get a little energized.

All three of us were taking care of a task: filling the fridge, organizing the bathroom, preparing the bedsheets...

Believe it or not, even at 3, in that space it took time to settle in!

I've tried calling Tina, but it went straight to voicemail. She must be sleeping, the time zones are so different.

I wish she was present for the conversation we were currently having, but I'm kind of glad she wasn't. If things went wrong, I would have time to gather myself and figure out what to explain. Plus, her opinion on that topic isn't that hard to figure out: she has been yelling it left and right every time she got the chance to.

- I think it was a move... not a bold one, but just enough to give him the message.

"Amy's right. It definitely wasn't bold. But maybe it was too cryptic?" Grace suggests.

I simply shrug. 

- Maybe it was. But I think he got it, and if he didn't or just doesn't share the same feelings for me, I'll be able to cover it up as a misunderstanding.

"GIRL. Of course he shares the same feelings. It's so freaking obvious!"

"Yeah", Amy adds. "For two very close (so-called) friends, you guys are fucking clueless!"

I chuckle at her brutal tone.

Maybe they're right.

Maybe he does share the same feelings.

But what I do know, I did my share of moves now. I was direct enough, I know Jake, and he's not stupid. The message was received loud and clear, but for now, I'll just let it settle... and see where the time takes us.