Midnight swim

Tina was at her internship for the rest of the day. So she headed home in evening, but sounded so tired on the phone that I told her to get some sleep. 

I used all of that free time for myself, catching up on the work. And I surprisingly did so efficiently. 
I closed my computer and looked at my watch. It was almost midnight. I really didn't want to go to bed, and when I looked out of the window, an idea came to my mind.

The beautiful sky with its shiny stars reflected on the calm ocean, that laid its waves slowly in the sand. The foam it felt would quickly disappear, leaving space for another small wave to crash.

I grabbed my phone and immediately started blowing up the groupchat Tina, Jake and I have created. 

I run to my closet and put on one of my swimsuit, not even bothering to pick a specific one. I just grabbed whatever, and the next minute I was pounding on Tina and Jake's door.

Jake opens it, and runs a hand on his face. 

- Jeez, Prior.

He looked slightly tired, but there was a bit of excitement in the air, I could feel it. 

I smiled broadly.

"Is Tina ready?"

- The heck I am! she yells behind Jake's broad shoulders.

We all three chuckle, then start heading to the beach. By the time we reach the sand, I was running towards the water. I quickly remove the dress I hastily put on and throw it in the sand.

I was the first to dive into the cold water. It was freakin' amazing. I was laughing out loud. My lungs were full of fresh air. All I could smell was a mix of salt and water.

Tina was swimming too, and her eyes were shining in happiness.

No words could ever describe the extasy of that moment, these minutes of pure joy where nothing but the waves could get to us.

It was just like when we were kids. We'd swim to a point far away and see who's the winner. And every time, Jake would beat us.

Speaking of Jake, he started pushing Tina into the water, leaving her no mercy for her to stay steady on her feet. And just when I was laughing at her, I felt strong hands circle around my knees, and the next second I was being carried by Jake like an old bag of potatoes.

He was spinning, carrying me effortlessly.
I was laughing, kicking my feet and pounding on his back for him to leave me alone.

"Put me down!!!"

- Are you sure that's what you want?

- Yes?!!!

- Okay!

I really, really, shouldn't have said that. Because the next moment, my whole body was thrown into the air, and I landed next to Tina in a big splash of salty water. 

~~~

"Your idea was brilliant, B", Tina says. She was wrapped in her towel, while I forgot mine. So I just put on the white sundress, but the breeze on my wet skin made me shudder.

Jake notices it, and hands me his towel to keep me warm. I was too cold to protest, so I wrap it around my body and thank him.

I could feel Tina's smirk from behind, so I turn around and give her the finger when her brother wasn't looking.