Souvenir

Jake's POV

We are now in dry clothes, and the whole crew is awake.

Only one person is missing: Tris.

The girls have no idea where she is, but I'm not worried. She does that sometimes.

And frankly, right now I'm kinda glad she's not there so I don't have to worry about hiding whatever Mark and I are doing. We're sitting a little farther than the others, who are gathered around the table preparing for breakfast. While they are chilling and bringing out food, me and Mark are focusing on a craftier task.

We've got pins, a lighter and other tools next to us. We're trying to pierce through the shell and shark tooth, but boring a hole through that kind of material without breaking it is definitely a challenge.

However, it's not impossible. Because guess what? I did it! I finally did it!

Mark chuckles at my excitement and asks for a little advice on his shell. He's being more careful to not break it, as a shell is way thinner than the tooth I got. 

Once it's finally perforated enough, we both high-five each other. But we don't have time to celebrate our small victory, cause now we've got a trickier part to handle. 

Mark brings out a keychain ring, while I take the leather string I kept in my pocket.

Mark definitely has to be more meticulous than I do with the string, as his keychain ring might break the shell if not done right. But on my side, once I get its end through the hole, the rest isn't difficult.

"Where'd you get this?" he asks, pointing at the leather string. 

- I bought a necklace from the souvenir shop. It had this weird pendant on it. I took it all apart, even the clip, and just kept the leather string.

He nods, and I learn from him that the keychain ring was actually from one of his keys. He would've done the necklace too, but the shell is too big to become a jewelry piece. I bet Amy prefers it that way too.

- Beatrice!

My eyes perk up, and I immediately search for her. 

Tris was far, walking towards us. I can't really see her clearly so I hurriedly finish what I'm making.

The necklace is finally done, sealed in my pocket.

----------------------------------------------------------

Beatrice's POV

I'm jogging a little towards them, but my arms are starting to hurt from the fruit I've been carrying for God knows how long.

Grace is the first one to notice me, but it takes her some time to get out of the water and join me. By the time she does, I'm close to the bungalows, and Jayden comes to  take the bag from my hands.

- I brought fruits!!

"Sweet! That's perfect!" he looks inside the bag and fist-bumps me. Jayden is such a fruit lover, it makes me laugh sometimes.

He goes to put the fruits on the table they seemed to have setup.

 I turn to Grace and tell her about the market I've stumbled upon.

"There was this florist too, and I got this bouquet!"

I take a small fragment of it, making a smaller bouquet of the actual bouquet, and hand it to her.

I do the same to Amy, then I go to the guys. 

Even boys deserve flowers!

I was knee deep in the water when I handed Oliver and Luke each a part of the arrangement. They looked pleasantly surprised, but Oliver had more of this shocked look.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

- No, nothing's wrong. I'm just surprised, that's all. I've never gotten flowers in my life till now. 

Luke nods in agreement. "Yeah, even on Valentines. Guys almost never receive flowers, for some reason. So thank you, B. Really."

This warms my heart but breaks it at the same time. Flowers are so pretty, it should be the standard to give it to everyone!

After I give flowers to the rest, aka Jayden and Mark, I go to Jake, who was shirtless may I add.

I try not to stare at his chiseled chest. But it's not that hard for me to do, because his eyes are way better. 

A smirk draws up on his face when he sees me.

"It's okay if you wanna look, B. If I were you I'd stare at my perfect abs too", he says cockily.

- Oh, shut up.

But I don't deny it. His abs were perfect.

I draw my attention back to the bouquet and split it in half, as we both are the only ones left.

- They're really pretty, right?

I take a good look at the flowers in my hand, while Jake's face softens as he takes his share.

- They really are, thanks.

I simply smile as an answer. But even if I wanted to say something, I had no time because Jake takes a step towards me. 

He picks out a flower from the ones he has.

"May I?" he asks softly. He's holding a daisy in his right hand, and with his left one, he tilts my head to the side a little.

His palm is on my jaw, and he gently puts the daisy behind my ear, adjusting my hair around it.

"Perfect", he whispers, lost in thought.

He pulls back a little. But i really wish he wouldn't because right here and there, I could kiss him. I was so sure that I could, so why didn't I?

My breath was short, my face flushed, and my heart was beating so fast he could probably hear it. The tension between us stretched tightly.

It seemed like it was a good moment... but it wasn't. 

Because if it was, we wouldn't be interrupted.

"JAKE! BEA! COME ON WE'RE HUNGRY AS SHIT! YOU CAN FLIRT LATER ITS FUCKING EIGHT IN THE MORNING!"

Jayden's yells followed by Amy and Grace's reprimands make us both laugh. It breaks the tension, and makes me realize how hungry I am too!

"Come on", Jake grins.

He walks towards my side, and I turn around as he puts a hand around my shoulder in a side-hugging/walking style.

He pulls me a little closer to kiss the top of my head. "Thanks for the flowers, Tris. It's adorable."

We walk in the sand towards our friends and the breakfast table while chuckling and chit chatting. I've never felt happier.