Officially

I officially love him.

I know it seemed like I was a little confused before, but now its certain: my best friend stole my heart and it's making me go crazy.

Today's the third day Tina's not here, and frankly, I miss her a lot. But I didn't feel alone for one second: I was mostly hanging out with the girls or reading under the sun, but the rest of the time I was spending it at Jake's.

I feel like we've really gotten closer - as if that was even possible - and I really had the chance to admire him in his personal space.

For example, I noticed that he always slightly frowns at the screen when he's working on his laptop, but when something regarding it works out the right corner of his mouth twitches a little from satisfaction, in a small form of a smile.
He prefers juice or smoothies in the morning but drinks coffee in the afternoon.
Sometimes, when his stuff gets too boring, I catch him playing solitaire or online chess games.

It's weird how I've known him for such a long time but think that these are important details and habits. Even he probably doesn't notice them.

I'm now looking at him from sideways, which is good cause he cant see me anyways. He's laying there, eyes closed and black sunglasses covering them, facing the sun. I was on my back, enjoying the soft heat tanning my skin.
This is a new habit we picked up, getting sunbathed on the patio together. I like it. It gives me more time to look at every detail of his face.

Just as I was drawing  his jawline with my gaze, his face starting changing into an amused, cocky expression.

- You can stop staring at me now, Prior.

I felt the heat go up to my cheeks.

How?!!

"I totally was not."

He lowers his sunglasses on his nose, tilts his head towards me and raises an eyebrow in a "really?" expression.

"I know I'm hot but jeez Tris... keep it in your pants!"

I simply roll my eyes, not denying anything.

"You look like a drag queen", I say turning away, referring to his exaggerated eyebrow raise and nose scrunch.

It earns me a laugh, which makes me smile. Thankfully he can't see me, I laid my head on the burning wood, facing the other way. My stomach feels hot on the hot ground, and...

That's when my smile turns quickly into an exasperated eye roll.

- You can stop checking me out now, Jake.

"Yeah I totally was", he answers in a beat.