Epilogue part 2 - The End.

I take a moment and slowly look over each and everyone of my friends.

We were all gathered around a long table at a quite fancy restaurant. Everybody looked gorgeous.

Luke has a new girlfriend, Brianna, a gorgeous Australian who was in the US for an exchange year. She was so sweet, and even after their long-distance period, I'm glad they could work it out. Now, she's moved close to here for a job, and we consider her one of our best friends.

Oliver came out towards the end of the year, but we all had our suspicions when he brought a "friend" for Thanksgiving dinner. Mind you, that Antonio is sitting to his right and he happens to now be his boyfriend.

Amy and Mark got engaged, but they're waiting for next summer to have a wedding.

Jaden finally got the courage to ask Grace out, and it seems they're doing quite well (they're totally in love and together look like adorable little puppies).

Dave, who grew on me the past year, is in the process of opening his own law firm.

Tina was sitting next to him, a big smile spread on her lips. She had passed the bar a year prior, we all celebrated with a dinner like this one.

The restaurant we were at tonight has seen us gathered for celebrating on many occasions this past year: Amy and Mark's engagement, the opening announcement of Dave's law firm, Tina passing the Bar, Brianna's return to the States.

Tonight, we're celebrating something else. Nobody knows the real reason they're brought here, thinking it's just a celebration of my return here. 

I had come back from the program abroad about a month ago, and it's been just as hectic here as in Europe.

I look over at Jake, who was absently rubbing his thumb on my hand. 

He has been the most amazing partner anybody could ask for, a true gem. My relationship with him healed scars he wasn't responsible for, it helped me grow, learn and love.

On the career side, Jake has evolved in ranks at the company he works at (so much that he now needs to be wearing a suit or formal attire whenever he goes into work - so hot). On the other side, Jake has countless of achievements in terms of being an incredible person.

A year ago, he flew with me to Ohio in order to meet with my parent's drug dealer. I had insisted I be the one to give him the money that day, and he tagged along with Oliver, Dave, and Tina. He was the one who tracked him down, got us plane tickets, rented a car and hotel and drove all the way to the vet clinic. He made sure everything was taken care when I wasn't able to (due to me losing my mind and spiraling in emotions). He came with me to visit my parents, stayed outside the rooms to give me space, held my hair while I puked after related mental breakdowns. He makes me safe and comfortable, which is why, one night we... did it. I'm not gonna explain further, I'm just happy he's my first.

"You okay?"

Jake's soft whispers pull me out of my thoughts. He has felt my gaze on him, but I nod with out a doubt.

Of course I'm okay.

I clear my throat, my mind is now back on track.

"Guys... I have an announcement to make."

As they turn their attention to me, curious, I smile.

Jake is a bit taken aback, surprised. Even he doesn't know.

- You think tonight is all about me being back... but I'm actually staying in Washington for a while, I'm leaving in two days.

Oliver chokes on his water, Tina's face is pale, and Jake... is frowning.