Sharks and Flowers

I wake up the next morning surprisingly early.
Though my head is pounding a little, I decide to get out of bed. Not that I was able to fall asleep again anyways.

I leave Amy and Grace upstairs and grab my phone, who was charging on one of the shelves, where one of the only two power outlets was. It was fully charged, of course so I take a minute to look for Grace's.
When I find it, I plug it in. She was up late and I figure out she might not like it if her battery was dead.

Once I do that, I get in the bathroom and... well pee. I drank a lot last night okay!

I use that alone time to check in on my messages, and although I haven't received one from Tina yet, her face appears in my mind and just like yesterday, a small bang pinches my chest.

Miss you!!

She almost instantly replies, to my surprise.

Ure awake?!?!?

Yup. Couldnt sleep.

Girl you're on vacation, enjoy yourself! Ugh, if I were there I'd scream till your ears fell off and you'd fall into a coma so you could get the freaking sleep.

i wish you were there too. Although I don't appreciate the aggressiveness

sorry. tired. i should go to sleep babe, its really late here. but dw abt me. im having A LOT of fun. if yk what i mean ;))))

TINA

HAHAHAHAHAH LOL
but fr tho i really got to sleep, to have energy and HAVE FUN tomorrow. you know ;)

You'd think the winks emojis would make me throw up, but I'm here still chuckling on the toilet.

She goes offline, and when I'm done with my business, I brush my teeth and wash my face.
Before fixing my hair though, an idea pops into my head.

One look at the beach and this idea is quickly in motion. I gather my hair up in a ponytail, put on the top of my bikini and some shorts.

Trying not to move to loudly, I leave the bungalow with my phone inside too.

I step on the sand with my shoes, and I take a moment to let the fresh cold hair fill my lungs.

It was chilly on my exposed skin, but I knew I'd warm up once I got to it. 

My morning runs have become frequent, but today's was unique and different in the best ways possible.

My feet landed on the sand, as waves came crashing softly next to me.

This morning I have no earphones on, I decide to enjoy the beach in all its natural aspects. The salt in the air, the sounds of the water and occasional birds chirping.

I run along the water for a long time, before taking a turn and discovering roads between the buildings. 

Most of them happen to be beach or rental houses, but I soon stumble into a market.

Fresh fruits, souvenir shops, and all kinds of fish are displayed.

I smile.

Although quite some time has passed since I left the bungalow, it was still considered an early morning, but that didn't seem to affect the market's dynamic. 

I slow down my pace, and take a good look at the stands. 

Damn it, these mangos look delicious...

 I don't try to resist. The woman behind the stand smiles warmly at me as she fills the bag with a pineapple, mangos, and grapes.

I hand her some of the cash I had stored behind my phone case, and turn back around with the fruits.

Its not that heavy, but hey, there's a long way back!

As I was about to leave the traditional market, a slightly older guy politely stops me in my tracks.

"Excuse me, miss? Would you mind taking a look at these flowers? I'm sure some will be of your liking"

I was about to decline, but after a quick glance to the florist's arrangements I immediately switch up.

"I'll take this bouquet, please."

I smile to myself. The arrangement was magnificent, with an unusual mix of colors: it wasn't your typical bouquet, not superficial at all, many kinds of flowers were thrown in there, and it was just so warm, so lively, so... summer!

I wait for him to finish wrapping it up to pay him, and now I leave for good, my hands full.

--------------------------------------------------------

Jake's POV

Meanwhile...

Everyone was pretty tired from yesterday, but there was nothing a dip in the ocean wouldn't fix. 

We went swimming as soon as we woke up, not waiting for the others. A but later though, they slowly started waking up, and one by one went into the ocean.

None of the girls left their bungalow.

I bet they're still asleep, and since it's still early, I'm not surprised.

Me and the guys were enjoying ourselves nonetheless, chuckling at our silly attempts to catch small fish around us.

The water was clear, which helped a lot, and we were able to see really pretty seashells.

- Oh my God Amy's gonna love this one!

Mark shows us the big seashell he dug from the sand under water. 

I smile as all of us applaud him for his catch, and soon enough, most of us are digging through the sand for some too.

As I was focused on my search, my hands touch something with something... quite odd. It feels like a small, smooth rock. 

I take it from the sand, and outside the water.

- Oh my God.

It's a shark tooth. 

A perfect, smooth, shaped, shark tooth.

Holy shit. I'm literally so happy right now.

"You think it's real?" I question to nobody in specific.

- Probably.

I'm still skeptical, though. I squeeze the tooth tightly in my hand and run towards the surf shop. 

- Hey man. Weird question... but I found a shark tooth in the sand, does that happen often around here or...?

The guy behind the counter looks it over, and smiles. "It's real", he confirms. "It's rare to find here, but real."

I'm literally over the moon, but I can't enjoy this for long. Because an idea pops into my mind.