Chapter 242

The meeting continued. The meeting lasted more than two hours, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lisa's clear and deep voice sounded as Jennie accidentally lifted her hand again and rubbed the back of her neck. "The meeting is adjourned. Let's take a break and continue in an hour."

The others stared at each other in surprise.

They were prepared when they knew they were coming to Shine for the meeting. It was said that CEO Manoban was a workaholic, especially after he took over the Shine Group. Important meetings usually lasted for hours in Shine, with few interruptions or long breaks.

Hearing Lisa's words, Shen Mu opened the door of the meeting room, but the others still thought they had misheard. Even Deputy Director Chen, who Lisa was staring at coldly from time to time, didn't dare get up.

"CEO Manoban, do you really want a break? If we take a break now, the meeting won't be over by six," a secretary standing beside whispered.

Lisa said no more but got up and left coldly.

Now that CEO Manoban had left, it was true there would be a break. The others were relieved. Some went to the bathroom, some went to drink water, some talked on the phone, and some rubbed their eyes and sat down to rest.

Sure enough, if you weren't the employee of the Shine Group, you wouldn't know what the working atmosphere was like here. The first time they held a meeting in Shine, they felt the pressure.

Even Deputy Director Chen felt that he had chosen the wrong place. Lisa was never a pushover, and even the leaders of the municipal and provincial governments had to respect him, but he was polite to them. Now in the Shine Group, the other leaders and partners were so overawed by him that they didn't even breathe loudly, including him, who was just a deputy director of the construction bureau.

Making sure Lisa had left, Deputy Director Chen put on a smile and looked at Jennie, who was about to go out. "CEO Kim, you must be tired after a two-hour meeting. Would you like to go downstairs for coffee with me for the one-hour break?"

Jennie stood up. She turned around, looked at Deputy Director Chen who was in his forties with a pair of silver-rimmed glasses, calmly turned away from him who was coming to take her hand, and said with a smile, "A few days ago when I drove past a high school, I saw a very beautiful little girl. I heard others said her father is the deputy director of the construction bureau. Is that girl your daughter?"

The smile on Deputy Director Chen's face froze.

"Is the lady who was waiting to pick her up outside the school your wife? I really envy your perfect family. Your wife is not only beautiful and virtuous but also sends your child to school and picks her up from school every day. However, at that time, I heard others said they rarely see the girl's father." Jennie smiled. "If that is really your daughter, Deputy Director Chen, I advise you to spend more time with your family and take the time to pick up your child from school. Work is not as important as family, isn't it?"

Jennie said very tactfully, with a smile on her face.

Deputy Director Chen immediately pulled back his hand and nodded awkwardly. "Yes, yes..."

Jennie glanced at him again. Her voice was soft and gentle as if she were speaking casually, but Deputy Director Chen felt as if she were hitting him in the face with these words. "I think your wife is lovely. Although she has already had a daughter, she looks so young, and I think women at her age have a special charm that women at my age don't have. Each has its own merits. When a man is successful in his career, he should not look at young girls, but at his wife."

Hearing Jennie's words that sounded like both an advice and a warning, Deputy Director Chen was so embarrassed that he didn't say anything. Jennie walked straight out of the meeting room.