Chapter 253

Lisa lowered his head to scan the wound on Jennie's neck and noticed that she was barefooted against the ice-cold ground. His mild voice carried a few hints of unhappiness. "You're not wearing any shoes? Are you trying to make your body even weaker against the cold?"

Jennie eyed her own feet. Under the man's gaze, she could not help but curl her toes inwards.

It wasn't that she didn't wear any. Earlier, it had been too difficult to walk with Cathy stepping on her shoes, so she decided to leave then by the staircase.

She then heard the man speak with a cold voice, as though holding in a smile: "On the second floor, there is a fire escape path through the backdoor. I only told Cindy one sentence. If she dares to take one step into my bedroom tonight, I'm afraid that from now on, the great Seoul won't have any space for the mother and daughter pair."

His words were directed at Cathy.

Jennie immediately raised her head to watch Cathy, who had turned pale in an instant.

"You..." Cathy's gaze was flustered. It was true that there was more than one door with access to this villa. Earlier, she had guarded the main entrance, thinking it would be fine to keep away the people from there, but had neglected to consider if Cindy would escape from the back.

"Although your daughter doesn't have many opinions, she understands what's at stake much better than you. Rather than bringing that bowl through my door and inciting my ire, at the very least, she knows when to back down." Lisa's tone was extremely indifferent.

Cathy met the cold, thin smile in his gaze. Although she wanted to speak, she could not.

This wouldn't do, she had to look for Cindy for a clear answer!

Before escaping, she abruptly tossed a mocking smile at Jennie: "Haven't the both of you divorced already?"

As Jennie's expression turned stiff, Cathy approached the backdoor with quick steps. She pushed open the door to see smashed remnants of the glass bowl on the floor, accompanied by pieces of white fungus. She was instantly angered into trembling.

That damn brat!

The moment Cathy left, Jennie immediately began struggling out of Lisa's arms.

The man lowered his eyes to glance at her expression. He did not say anything as he directly lifted her into his arms and brought her through the doors. With a 'bang' sound, the door was closed once more.

The instant she was brought into the room, the familiar environment left Jennie's body covered in goosebumps.

This was not only Lisa's room but the room they once returned to three years ago when they were still in love.

The past was vivid in her mind. She pushed him away with force but was carried onto his bed. The moment her body came into contact with the sheets, she felt like jumping off of it.

"Don't move." Lisa took another glance at her neck and picked up his phone while asking heavily and coldly: "Was it scratched by her nails?"

Jennie did not answer. She raised her hand to touch the aching area, but before she could, her wrist was abruptly caught by the man's hand.

It wasn't clear who he had called. Before the call went through, he spoke: "Don't touch it. We'll disinfect it later."

Jennie was about to shove his hand aside when she heard the man speaking into the phone: "Bring the medicine box over."

He then tossed the phone aside and glanced at the way Jennie had subconsciously curled her toes in her tensed state. He watched her with deep eyes for a while, and seeing the way she kept avoiding his gaze coldly, he couldn't help a chuckle.