Chapter 247

He recalled the period when Jennie first left for England. Although she insisted that she had moved on, that everything had ended, she would often sit alone in a daze.

It hadn't been easy waiting for that period of her life to end. She had finally dug out the words 'Lisa' from her life and started living again. Although he was happy about her return to Seoul, it also made him worry. He wasn't sure what sort of plans Lisa truly had for her.

And right now, it seems like Lisa never truly planned on letting her go.

"Although Hannam Bay is a good place, it's a considerably remote place in the western city district. I never expected CEO Manoban to grace his presence here," as Song Kang spoke, his gaze remained fixed on the backseat car window.

Shen Mu placed one hand in his pocket and chuckled. "Song Kang, I similarly never expected that you would dare to chase CEO Manoban's ex-wife. After three years, you've yet to succeed. What's the point in silently watching over her? That Miss Kim would move to such a place, aside from wanting a safer space for herself, she was also defending herself against you, don't you think so?"

The reason Shen Mu can stay by Lisa's side for so long, aside from knowing how to conduct himself, is also because he has a good grasp of what should and should not be said. He is especially good at understanding a person's heart. For example, he even understood the astute Song Kang very well.

Song Kang smiled coldly. "I'm not sure who exactly she is defending herself against. But I believe your CEO Manoban should understand better than me. You say, should I remind her who the owner of those five floors in Hannam Bay really is?"

At this moment, the tinted, low-profile windows slowly shifted down. Inside the car, the man's gaze was distant and unfazed. His voice was heavy, cold, and unhurried. "I heard that the BGY Group's general manager is a rare man who relied on his own abilities to climb into the upper society without any background to hold him up. If you are sure that you can withstand the weight of the consequences, I don't mind letting you attempt it."

Song Kang sneered. "CEO Manoban, you've been navigating the business world for so long, and are a leader in the upper society. You should be far more clear-minded than anyone. You've always acted appropriately. This marriage has already come to an end. There's really no need for you to continue disturbing Jennie's life."

Lisa had already shifted his gaze away. He did not offer him a single, further glance. His pupils appeared dipped in the evening cold. "This is my personal business. With your status as BGY Group's general manager, if you wish to pursue the director of JM Group, I'm afraid Song Kang may have overestimated your own charm. Or have you misinterpreted Jennie's gratitude and kindness as a favorable feeling for you?"

Song Kang's expression concealed a hint of unhappiness and embarrassment. Those words had hit the mark.

All of the patience Jennie had given him was indeed because he had helped her during her toughest times in England.

But because he did not wish to hear the word 'gratitude,' she never once used it.

Right now, Lisa had directly broken the illusion.

Lisa's cold and handsome face did not reveal any emotions. From his completely indifferent expression, Song Kang could sense that Lisa had found him irksome for quite a while.

So long as he wished, he could make it impossible for him to continue standing in Seoul.

Perhaps, Lisa previously did not touch him because of the help he gave Jennie.

The car windows were closed once more, separating the two men from each other.

Shen Mu remained smiling. By now, he had moved aside to smoke a cigarette. Before he returned to the car, he handed a cigarette to Song Kang and asked if he smoked with a smile. Song Kang did not receive it, and Shen Mu casually tossed it on the ground. With a mild smile, he said, "Song Kang, you best behave. Even if you waited thirty years, the things that don't belong to you would never be yours. Don't make things difficult for yourself over a person that has never been yours."