Chapter 339

Although this little woman didn't tell him, he could tell from her expression how she was worried about him. As Jennie was about to walk past him, Lisa put his hand around her waist and drew her into his arms.

Being drawn into his arms, Jennie was forced to cling to him. She hurriedly tried to break free from him, but he held her tightly by the waist and chuckled. "I thought you didn't care about me, so I didn't tell you, lest you would taunt me."

This man could even control the course of her life. Was he pretending to be poor in front of her?

He thought she didn't care about him?

She really didn't care about him!

She did not!

But no matter how hard she struggled, she couldn't break free from him. The man held her and seemed to be satisfied with her embarrassed look. He bowed his head, kissed her on the cheek, and then kissed her again. She was so angry that she tried to bite him. The man laughed and kissed her on the forehead as she lowered her head. Jennie shuddered and glared at him. "Lisa..."

"Just admit it, Mrs. Manoban. You still love me."

Jennie said with a straight face, "What are you talking about? Haven't you already asked someone to buy me a ticket back to Seoul tomorrow? I'll be back tomorrow. I don't care if you live or die in America!"

The man smiled. "Your early return to Seoul will really set my mind at ease. Los Angeles isn't a place for you these days. If you want to come later, I'll bring you here myself, OK?"

Who cares!

Jennie struggled again but still couldn't free herself. He leaned against the wall, holding her in his arms, with an air of complacency, as if it wouldn't take him the slightest effort to imprison her in his arms.

She struggled again but was finally forced to give up. Looking at his face close at hand and his pleased and satisfied smile, she felt her heart was touched and finally calmed down and let him hold her. After quite a while, she blurted out, "Do I have to return to Seoul tomorrow?"

His deep voice sounded in her ear. "What's the matter? You don't want to go back?"

"Since I learned you are not safe in Los Angeles, I am afraid I won't rest assured if I leave alone." He came back home only a few hours late tonight and she had not been able to sleep. If she couldn't be assured that he was safe after she returned to Seoul, she may not be able to stay in Seoul and may try to come back at any time.

But she knew she could only be a burden to him if she stayed here. Unlike XI Base and Sehun, she couldn't do anything to help. Even if she stayed here, he would have to send his men to protect her and wasted resources on her.

It was, indeed, the best choice for him to make her go back to Seoul.

But what would happen after she went back...

If he didn't reply to her messages or answer her calls again, what would she do?

She would definitely be worried sick.

"As long as you agree to go back to Seoul, I promise I will be back safe and sound within half a month." He patted her on the back. "Trust me."

Jennie certainly trusted him, but she had not expected this situation before she came to Los Angeles, and had planned to return to Seoul in two or three days, but now she suddenly did not want to go back.

But she had to go.

She lowered her head, no longer backing up or struggling, but resting her head on his shoulder and saying with closed eyes, "Lisa, I would rather share the joys and sorrows with you. You don't have to keep me behind you all the time. There are many things I can do for you, but the last thing I want to do is to be your weakness."