Chapter 282

When the painting was still hanging in the Kim family's study, she was still young, and her mother was still alive. Once her mother carried her into the study to get something, and her hand touched the painting.

Jennie thought that no matter how much the painting cost, she should buy it and hang it back in the study of the Kim family.

"This painting is indeed one of the ten most valuable in Korea." Lisa's flat voice rang, and his gaze fell on her face. "You want it?"

Jennie was about to speak when suddenly there was a familiar voice in the distance. She turned her eyes and saw, two rows from their seats, about six or seven meters away, where Sana and Samuel were sitting. Someone got up to go out and passed by them and the sound of their voices reached here.

Jennie's eyes just met Samuel's and the latter's face immediately darkened.

Jennie: "..."

Just because his sister was rejected by the man she liked and now the latter showed up with a female companion, the general manager of the Minatozaki Corporation gave her that look?

No wonder it was said that the kids of the "Capital Circle" were all arrogant. Now she knew what real arrogance was.

Jennie indifferently withdrew her stare.

Sana, sitting next to Samuel, had been looking at Lisa. The auction had been going on for nearly an hour and Lisa had never left Jennie nor bidding for a single item.

He just sat there motionless. In such a noisy environment, he would not be drowned out by the noisy crowd but stood out like a crane in a flock of fowls.

People had begun to bid. More than ten years ago or even nearly 20 years ago, this famous painting had been sold at a high price of more than twenty billion won, now in a twinkling of an eye, the price had reached sixty billion won.

Jennie had wanted to wait until the end of the bidding, so as not to raise the price too high, but there was no end to the bidding. But after the price reached as high as sixty billion won, it began to increase by two billion instead of twenty billion won.

Jennie kept staring at the painting, reminiscing of the time when her mother had loved to carry her back and forth in the study when she was a child.

When she didn't pay attention, Sana and Samuel sat behind them. Jennie heard the brother and sister talk. "Brother, the painting called 'The Land of Peach Blossoms' and Grandfather's favorite were both Zhang Daqian's works. Grandfather has always liked Zhang Daqian's paintings. Shall we buy this for him?"

Then Sana said, "Now the price won't increase much. I think they will stop the bidding within ninety billion won. The price within ninety billion won is just right."

As soon as Sana stopped, Jennie's eyelid twitched.

Ninety billion won?

The JM Group developed very well and had a lot of assets, but she would still consider carefully whether she should spend ninety billion won for a single painting.

After all, this money was not a small amount, not even for a company like JM Group. She didn't have money to burn. Besides, a lot of her money was still in the company's working capital to support the stable operation of the company's various projects.

The price she could accept was four or five hundred million won.

Did Sana and Samuel also like this painting?

Jennie looked up at the painting hanging on the stage again without a word.

Just then, the auctioneer said, "'The Land of Peach Blossoms' of Zhang Daqian has hit the high price of seventy billion won. Does anyone still want to bid? At present, none of the auctioned famous paintings has exceeded seventy-five billion won in price. I wonder whether this painting will break this record today..."