Chapter 235

Fine, with those words alone, he understood that she had found out about his past.

It seemed like Jennie knew all about the dubious relationship he had with his secretary, and the trouble that followed when his wife found out. In other words, Jennie was completely uninterested in him. From the beginning, she had only approached for the sake of this contract. She was clearly borrowing the opportunity to raise her profits.

Furthermore, as he considered the ambiguous smile she had sent him earlier, he realized that if anyone had seen them, they would definitely misunderstand.

If Jennie truly had her mind set on this, it was likely that his wife was already charging here.

He thought further and realized that Jennie was likely the person who had spread the news of their meeting today to his wife.

In other words, the only person who could protect him now was Jennie.

Or perhaps, they could only protect each other. The moment she let go of this without providing an explanation, his wife would definitely stir up more trouble.

But Jennie wasn't wrong. These three hundred million yuan of profit were indeed a small sum to JM Group. It wasn't something to boast about.

There was truly no need for her to provoke this much trouble for a measly profit of fifteen percent.

CEO Mason had navigated his way through the business world for many years. Yet, he was still thoroughly defeated by a twenty-four-year-old young lady. He couldn't even lose his temper and could only restrain himself. A friendly smile was still maintained on his face.

"Let me take another look at the contract and do some mental sums. If it's suitable, we can continue our discussion." CEO Mason gave in but did not completely tie himself down with an agreement.

Jennie placed the contract on the coffee table: "OK, CEO Mason, take a look at it then. Call me when you're ready or let my assistant know. I'll head to the restroom for a while."

"Sure, sure. Feel free, CEO Kim."

Jennie sat up. Yeji and the other assistants did not move from the couch. After all, they did not know what intentions Jennie truly had behind today's meeting. However, they kept feeling chills up their spine and felt that CEO Mason's wife might show up to kill them anytime.

"Yeji, hand me my bag," Jennie said.

Yeji quickly handed Jennie's bag. Afterward, she watched as Jennie indifferently, with no hint of anxiety whatsoever, entered the restroom in the private room.

The moment the restroom door was locked, a flurry of noises was heard outside. Yeji and the other assistants sat on the couch, exchanging looks.

CEO Mason knitted his brows when he heard the commotion outside. He immediately stood up, and with a guilty expression, he stealthily opened the door to reveal a small gap. After taking a glance, he immediately called the bodyguards outside, whispering: "The person causing trouble outside is my wife. You definitely cannot let her know that I'm inside. Even if she comes here, tell her that I've already left!"

The security guards were dumbstruck as they nodded. Outside, the commotion was growing louder.

At the thought that he had been schemed by Jennie today, CEO Mason gritted his teeth in anger. Originally, he thought he would take advantage of her company before it gained a stable foothold in Seoul and take more profits for himself. Who would have thought that after all his efforts, not only did he fail to gain any benefits, but Jennie also actually made use of the scandal to return him a blow.

"Where is my husband? Earlier, didn't someone take a photo of him flirting with that vixen surnamed Kim right outside this KTV? Where are they? Get them to come out right now!" Outside, Mrs. Mason held a cigarette as she shouted. Even though the bodyguards were holding her back, she still managed to charge her way in.