Chapter 300

Indeed, laying directly on the bed with sheets over her would be much better than this. She was dressed in that nightgown with various marks from last night littered over her. This was basically challenging the small amount of restraint he had after seeing that she was ill.

Lisa handed the thermometer to her and turned to walk away, saying: "Check your temperature again. If there isn't a fever anymore, you don't have to take more medicine."

Jennie received it. After using it, she answered: "37 degrees."

The man made an 'hm' sound and did not say more. He did not even look at her again.

At the same time, his phone rang. Jennie took the opportunity while the man stood by the window to answer his call and clambered off the bed. She picked up her own phone and returned to the bed with it. She could hear the man's mild tone as he lightly replied to a few matters; it was likely a call from America's side and seemed to be related to Los Angeles.

This led her to recall; JM Group had shifted its headquarters to the country. She only needed to take occasional visits to London. However, Shine Group's headquarters was still located in America. Seoul was but a branch company. Although Lisa's visit to the country this time was quite long, eventually, he would still have to return to Los Angeles, wouldn't he?

Previously, he had only carelessly mentioned it to Song Kang. After all, a company like Shine Group had a firm foundation in America and could not easily shift its headquarters the way JM Group did. America was Shine Group's true foundation. No matter what, he could not linger in Seoul for too long.

The sky had darkened. Jennie laid on the bed but could not fall asleep. There was only a single, large bed in her room, yet Lisa showed no intention of leaving.

Last night, he had also slept on this bed. Could it be that he intended to do the same tonight?

Jennie glanced at her phone. Occasionally, she would look toward the bathroom to hear the sound of water flowing. The man was taking a shower inside. When the bathroom door finally opened, she shifted her eyes away and continued scrolling through her phone.

He did not even ask. Moments up after showering, he moved onto the bed.

His movements were natural, as though the two had never even divorced.

The instant the bed shifted with his movements, Jennie glanced at the time. She pursed her lips and said: "I'm hungry."

The man did not pause in his movements as he lifted the sheets. He moved closer to her side and saw that the little woman was clearly looking for trouble. He did not expose her: "What do you feel like eating?"

Earlier, Jennie had only eaten some porridge. Those types of food tended to digest quickly. It was already past ten in the evening. It wasn't unreasonable for her to be hungry.

"Noodles." Jennie lowered her eyes onto her phone once more; she did not look at him: "Since I can only eat things that are light in flavour, noodles is probably the only thing I can keep down."

The man reached for his own phone: "I'll call someone to visit a nearby restaurant to buy some."

"I don't want the ones made outside."

"Then where do you want it from? The hotel?"

"I want to eat your cooking."

The man was quiet for a moment. Jennie paused. She turned to see that his eyes were lowered and fixed on her.

She quickly glanced away, shifting her gaze back into the movie she was playing on her phone. She spoke lightly: "No? Then forget it."

"If this was Korean Tourist Hotel, it would be easy for me to ask them to empty out the kitchen for me to cook. The hotel we are in right now was chosen by you. I'm not sure that their kitchen could be freed up for my use." It seemed like Lisa did not intend to reject her. His tone was patient and carried a few hints of coaxing. Even if she was intentionally making things difficult for him or forcing him away, he did not mind.