Chapter 307

Jennie paused and looked at the food in Yeji's hand. "Lisa?"

"Yes, he had his assistant called Henry send the breakfast here, who said the breakfast was personally ordered by CEO Manoban and that CEO Manoban told you not to leave until after breakfast and not to go hungry to make time."

Jennie took a look at the breakfast and said indifferently, "Which one would you like?"

"Any will do. These are obviously your favorite food. When you were in the UK, you couldn't get enough of these breakfasts, but you couldn't find genuinely Korean food. The Korean food cooked by foreigners is terrible. Wow, CEO Manoban knows all your favorite foods for the morning and bought them all!" Yeji said, looking at Jennie with sparkling eyes. "In fact, there is nothing urgent in Seoul. Would you like to stay in Jing City for a few more days? CEO Manoban really cares about you..."

"Aren't the tickets already booked?"

"...Tickets are refundable."

"No, let's just go back. I've got something urgent to check."

"OK." Yeji handed her the breakfast. "Shall we leave after breakfast? Don't waste CEO Manoban's kindness."

Jennie took a look at the breakfast again and turned into Yeji's room, where she intended to finish the breakfast with her.

Yeji eagerly opened the box of small wontons, handed her the cutlery, and mumbled as she ate her toast and drank the milk, "Boss, I saw CEO Manoban last night when he walked out of your room."

Jennie paused, without speaking, lowered her head, and ate a small wonton.

"Then when I went into your room again, I saw your lips a bit swollen..." Yeji said, shrinking her neck as if she were afraid Jennie would hit her, but the latter was still eating quietly and ignoring her.

Yeji looked at her again. Then she could not help it, put down the food she was holding, and whispered, "I really don't want to be a gossip, but you and Mr. Manoban were on a business trip together, and then he was still in your room so late at night. Although he left in the end, obviously the relationship between you two is not as simple as you described that you two are just strangers after divorce. CEO Manoban is really nice to you. Although I don't understand why he chose to divorce you back then."

After a pause, Yeji went on. "So, Boss, what on earth the relationship between you and CEO Manoban is?"

Jennie blew the hot soup in her bowl, took a sip of the wonton soup, and spoke slowly, "Up to now, I'm not sure yet what our relationship is. Perhaps I'll find it out when I return to Seoul and make investigations."

Yeji was puzzled, but since Jennie didn't want to talk about this topic at all, she could only continue to munch on toast.

...

At two o'clock in the afternoon, Jennie and Yeji arrived at Seoul.

After returning to Seoul, they went straight to the company. Without stopping, Jennie cleared the backlog and worked through the night until the next morning.

Yeji had long been used to Jennie's way of working. Every time she came back from a business trip, she would deal with the backlog first, and would not rest until the jobs were all finished.

The next morning, Jennie took a short break in the office with her eyes closed, and Yeji had been working with her since last night.

In the afternoon, Yeji pushed the door, only to see Jennie still taking a nap on a chair behind her desk. Yeji said nothing but brought in her oversized suitcase, opened it, and helped sort her suitcase and took out some documents that were supposed to be put in the office.