Chapter 220

The moment Jennie staggered forward, her heart sank. She subconsciously raised her arm to seek support. However, at the thought that Lisa was the person standing before her, her arms immediately froze mid-raise.

As she was about to fall forward, unexpectedly, a firm grip tightened around her arm. She was firmly held up before she could fall.

The originally appropriate distance between them was abruptly shortened. A distinct scent entered her space; it was strong, unfamiliar, yet strangely nostalgic!

Jennie's originally composed expression turned stiff for a moment. She raised her head to meet the man's ink-black gaze. The man's firm grip around her arm emitted a familiar warmth; it also caused goosebumps to rise throughout her body. She instinctively rushed to step back.

"Are you all right?" The person who had pushed Jennie earlier did not expect things to turn out this way. When she saw that CEO Manoban appeared to have been pushed, she quickly approached with a concerned and regretful appearance.

Jennie shook her head. Her voice did not reveal any of her feelings. "I'm fine."

She seamlessly tugged her arm out of Lisa's grip and politely spoke: "Thank you, CEO Manoban."

Lisa did not reply. His gaze scanned past her distinct outfit. While everyone else was dressed fashionably, Jennie only wore a large, white T-shirt and pair of loose beach pants. Her flip-flops were previously concealed by her long pants but were now clearly revealed. She stood out from the crowd and appeared especially careless, as though she really came for a vacation.

His gaze shifted downward once more. "Can you stand firm?"

"I can."

His gaze landed on her flip-flops. Her snow-white skin was still speckled with sand bits that she did not manage to wash off. With one glance, it was clear that she had quickly washed them after playing at the beach and ran out soon after.

What a superficial appearance.

Lisa kept his gaze away. He calmly said, "There are too many people here. Everyone should return to what they are doing. Don't let this happen again. Let's split up."

After finishing his words, Jennie clearly sensed that he had glanced toward her once more. Jennie did not return his gaze and kept her eyes focused on her toes, peeking out of her long pants. She shrunk her toes back slightly, and in the next instant, she saw from the corner of her eyes that Lisa had already left.

"CEO Kim, did you hurt yourself earlier?" someone asked in concern by her side.

"I'm fine. I can only blame myself for not standing firm." Jennie smiled.

Earlier, she had come over in a rush. It was only now that she noticed everyone was neatly dressed. Although they weren't as formal as they were during the exhibition last night, they were at least dressed in suits or appeared suitable for meetings. She was the only one who appeared to have come fully for the resort experience and was decked out in beachwear.

She took the opportunity before anyone noticed her to smile at the people by her side before quickly sneaking back to her room.

-

She still had another night here. It seemed like Rosé and Yeji were intentionally giving her time off; they did not give her even a single call. The phone was silent to the point where Jennie wondered if she had paid this month's bill.

In the morning, many corporate leaders and businessmen spent their time building relations and exchanging superficial words. The atmosphere was quite good.