Chapter 308

Daejeon.

Jennie came straight here the next day.

Her grandmother lived in this city. Jennie was not quite familiar with her grandmother. She only vaguely remembered when she was very young, it seemed that once during the Spring Festival, her grandmother took her other daughters and grandchildren to Seoul to live for a few days. At that time, she was still young and didn't know what happened. She only remembered they broke up in discord in the end and her mother was in a very bad mood at that period of time.

Daniel asked her to come to Daejeon to visit her grandmother, whom she had not contacted for many years because her grandmother had suffered a brain hemorrhage two months ago and almost died. Luckily, she met a professional doctor who managed to rescue her life. She was now recuperating at home, but not as healthy as before. She was now confined to a wheelchair or in bed.

According to Daniel, her grandmother was already in her seventies and although cerebral hemorrhage did not kill her, she probably would not live for many years. Two months ago, her grandmother had someone call the Kim family and said she wanted to see Jennie and Mina saying that she was afraid that she could never see them again.

But Mina didn't want to pay any attention to these poor relatives. She didn't even bother to go back to the Kim family. How was it possible for her to go to a small place like Daejeon to visit her dying grandmother?

Daejeon was really small and had no airport. She needed to take planes and trains to get to this place. When she got out of the railway station, she noticed that there were always people looking at her. At first, she thought that she brought too many suitcases with her, which attracted the attention of passersby. When she got into a taxi, the driver gave her the answer. "Beauty, the clothes you wear look very expensive. Aren't you afraid you will be robbed in such a poor place?"

Jennie had tried to dress as plain as possible. She knew Daejeon was small and remote and it would take her a long ride to get to her grandmother's house, so she only wore casual clothes whose logos were not shown and didn't wear any jewelry. The two suitcases contained some small gifts that she had bought at the airport when she boarded the plane and planned to give her grandmother and her family when she met them.

Why did they still think her clothes were expensive? Was there something wrong with her clothes or didn't she look like someone who had lived in this city?

After another two hours, Jennie finally arrived at her grandmother's door.

She was about to knock at the door when the door was opened.

"Hey! There are so many beautiful clothes in the world. Why do you insist on wearing my clothes? If you like it, ask Mom to buy you one. You can't wear my... Oh? Who are you?"

A girl who could be said fashionable in this city looked in surprise at Jennie who carried two big suitcases. She stared at Jennie's face in surprise and looked back at her sister who came after her. The two girls, standing at the door, both stared at Jennie as if seeing something rare.

"Shit, she looks really like the woman in that photo... oh, no, she looks damn like that dead Aunt!"

Jennie: "..."

From her words, she guessed the two girls should be the children of the other daughter of her grandmother, aka, her cousins.

Before coming here, Jennie had asked about her grandmother's family. She had asked Daniel, Aunite Qin, and some old servants in the Kim family.

When her mother was young, she lived in this small city and her family was very poor. Then she went to study in the United States with scholarships. The people and things she met in the United States changed her life. Then her mother married into the rich Kim family, which was like a sparrow turning into a phoenix to her family. But no one told Jennie why her mother cut off the connections with her family.