Chapter 209

The moment he saw the great Boss's reaction, Shen Mu immediately lost all courage to speak. He hesitated for a moment before, asking, "This... should I leave it here, or return the package to its sender?"

Lisa looked at the two copies of the agreement in his hands and tossed the pen onto the table. "Put it down. Go out first."

Shen Mu could only approach the table to leave the papers behind. Afterward, he did not dare to check on CEO Manoban's expression and quickly stepped out.

The office was empty, spacious, and quiet.

Lisa picked up the divorce agreement. Although it wasn't super neat, Jennie's words were beautifully written. The way each word was slightly connected revealed her indifference. It could be seen that she did not hesitate for even a moment when she signed her name. Every word was distinct and coherent.

When Lisa received the divorce contract, Jennie was already discharged.

That night, Lisa returned to the Yu Garden villa.

All of the helpers were around. Auntie Chen was also there. The only missing figure was Jennie's.

From 7:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Jennie did not return.

Although she had already agreed to the divorce, the contract clauses had been made by the company's legal department last minute. Now that she had abruptly returned the sum of money Manoban Corporation had previously invested in her studio, several clauses needed to be altered. Aside from that investment, the two billion USD he had previously initially invested in her studio was also meant to be hers. Furthermore, following his succession of Shine, several property companies under Seoul, Manoban Corporation's hold were supposed to be transferred to her name. It was likely that Jennie had signed the contract without even looking at its contents.

Even though he was the one who had facilitated their divorce, he had to make sure she wouldn't suffer any discomfort following their separation.

Auntie Chen urged him several times to return to his room to rest.

"Mr. Manoban, when I accompanied Madam out of the hospital, she left us with instructions to pack her clothes into a suitcase. She said that she would send someone over in a few days to retrieve it." Auntie Chen said with a sigh, "Madam also said that she likely won't return to the Yu Garden again..."

Lisa appeared not to have heard anything. He sat in the living room on the first floor of the Yu Garden.

At midnight, at 1:00 a.m., his phone suddenly vibrated. It was a call from Jennie.

Lisa had yet to sleep and was leaning against the sofa. He picked up his phone and answered.

Jennie was most likely outdoors. At night, the wind in Seoul was strong. The sound of the wind could be heard through the phone, causing the cold to seep into one's heart.

The night was chilly, and her voice was similarly lacking in warmth. She coldly and indifferently said, "Lisa, I won't be returning to the Yu Garden anymore. There's no need to wait up for me. Rest early."

Lisa subconsciously sat up on the sofa, asking with a heavy voice, "Are you not returning tonight, or will you not be returning ever again?"

Jennie chuckled. Her voice was soft and light. "I've even asked Auntie Chen to pack up my clothes. Isn't the answer obvious? You know me very well. I don't let go easily, but once I do, I won't look back."

Lisa was quiet for a moment.

He was unable to ask about her plans following the divorce. Before he could even unsheathe the heartless daggers or doting questions, she had already blocked his words with her clear, elaborate explanation.