Chapter 262

"Mrs. Manoban, you still like Korean food as before, don't you? Would you like some minced pork congee?" Auntie Chen served the washed and cut fruit. Looking at Jennie, who turned her eyes to her, she paused and said awkwardly, "I'm used to calling you Mrs. Manoban, so I forgot that I should call you Miss Kim now. I..."

Jennie smiled, picked up a piece of fruit, and put it in her mouth. "I'll just have some fruit. You really don't have to make me breakfast. By the way, Auntie Chen, could you lend me your cell phone for a while?"

"Cell phone?" Hearing this, Auntie Chen hurriedly took out her cell phone, but when she was about to hand it to Jennie, she hesitated and took it back.

Seeing Auntie Chen withdraw her hand, Jennie blinked and looked innocently at her. "Although I've got a new SIM card, my cell phone fell into the sea, and I don't have one now. Without a cell phone, I can contact anyone. I want to call my company."

"Well, my cell phone fell into water several days ago. It doesn't work well these days, and its signal is not good. Mrs. Manoban, I think you'd better use Mr. Manoban's cell phone when he comes back," Auntie said and put her cell phone back into her pocket with a smile.

Jennie: "..."

What did Lisa tell Auntie Chen? Now she didn't even dare to lend her cell phone.

She should have thought that she wouldn't have another chance to borrow a cell phone this day when she asked Lisa to lend her his cell phone. She should have asked Yeji to pick her up yesterday.

It was too late.

Seeing Jennie gloomily lowered her head to eat the fruit, Auntie Chen smiled and said no more, then went back into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for her.

Minced pork congee sounded simple but was actually hard to cook. You had to fry the meat, make the ingredients, and cook the congee, so it would take at least one hour to cook it.

When Auntie Chen was busy in the kitchen, Jennie reached out to her with a pitiful and innocent look and tried to persuade her to lend her cell phone for various reasons.

Jennie said she hadn't been back to work for days. He went to the company to attend a regular morning meeting. He had a business, so did she. She didn't want to delay her work and asked Auntie Chen to lend her the cell phone for only one minute. She would just call her company and tell them something about work.

Seeing that Jennie was in a hurry, Auntie Chen remembered that Lisa said he would be back by 10:30 pm. Since Mr. Manoban was coming back soon, she just handed her cell phone to Jennie.

Jennie quickly called Yeji, telling her where she was, including the number of the building and the password of the elevator and asking her to rescue her as soon as possible.

Yeji wondered why Jennie was in Ao Lan International. She remembered Jennie used to live in the Yu Garden and didn't know much about Ao Lan International. Hearing Jennie told her where she was so anxiously and asked her to find her with money and a cell phone as soon as possible, she thought Jennie was in danger and quickly headed for Ao Lan International after hanging up.

Twenty minutes later, Yeji arrived and stood outside the door ringing the doorbell.

Hearing the sound, Auntie Chen hurriedly came out, wondering why Mr. Manoban didn't enter the door but rang the doorbell. And Jennie had run ahead of her to open the door.

Seeing Jennie, Yeji asked in surprise, "Boss, what happened? Yesterday you asked me to help you reapply for your ID certificates and today asked me to rescue you with a cell phone and money. Don't you live in Hannam Bay? Why are you here..."