Chapter 283

Lisa glanced at Jennie who had been seated quietly. "What? You hesitated whether to buy this painting or not for a long time. I've bought it for you, but now you are ashamed to take it?"

Jennie: "..."

All her complex emotions disappear the moment the man spoke. Jennie saw the staff members had carried the rolled-up painting over here. She looked at the painting and snorted. "CEO Manoban is so rich. How can I, a little director of the small JM Group, be compared with you?"

The man slightly raised the corners of his thin lips. "You don't want it? Then I'll give it to the Minatozaki Family."

"Yes, I do." Jennie picked the painting up as the staff brought it to her, with no intention of giving it up.

"I thought you might have your insistence."

It depended. She really wanted the painting as it was bound with many of her childhood memories.

Besides, how could she let him give the painting to the Minatozaki Family?

She knew he was teasing her, but she had no choice. Anyway, she didn't pay a penny. She just needed to choose to temporarily put her pride aside and then could get this painting worth hundreds of billions of won, so why not?

She was not a teenage girl who would puff herself up at her own cost. She was a mature woman now, so as long as it was beneficial to her, she could be quite flexible.

Jennie held the rolled-up painting in her arms, which was protected by a transparent wrapper. She looked down again at the painting in her arms, and a faint smile came to her lips.

"Thanks. When I give it to my dad, I'll tell him you bought it for him."

When he saw her in a good mood, the conniving smile remained in his eyes. "It doesn't matter who bought it. It's just a painting."

It was just a painting?

Sana had been standing there frozen, the expression on her face petrified.

Even if the Minatozaki Family was rich and powerful, they dared not to say a painting worth one hundred billion was just a painting.

Just now when her brother said Lisa bought this painting for Miss Kim, she still thought it was impossible. Miss Kim didn't seem to like this kind of stuff, but she didn't expect that he bought it for her father. Now Lisa had confirmed it.

Jennie didn't ask him for this painting. How did he know she wanted it? How did he know Miss Kim's father would like it?

Did he like Miss Kim as much as she liked him and especially investigate the likes and dislikes of Miss Kim's family members in order to get to know her better? Or did he and Miss Kim have another relationship she didn't know yet?

A bitter taste filled Sana's mouth. "CEO Manoban, there are many kinds of famous paintings. There are also more expensive paintings in foreign countries. The Minatozaki Family has a Qi Baishi's painting, 'Twelve Screens of Landscapes.' My grandfather bought it at a foreign auction in the early years and kept it at home, but he prefers the paintings by Zhang Daqian. If Miss Kim agrees, we can exchange that painting for this painting of Zhang Daqian. After all, my grandfather's birthday is coming soon. Do you agree, Miss Kim?"

There was no sign of wavering in Jennie's face. Instead, she felt Miss Minatozaki was really a spoiled girl. How could she still ask her to give her the painting even now?

"I'm sorry Miss Minatozaki, but this painting used to be in my father's study when I was a child, and then it was transferred to someone else for some reason. I found something my family lost. Even if you offer to exchange something ten times more expensive for this, I won't agree with it, because it's of special significance to me," Jennie said flatly. "In terms of paintings, my father also has the paintings of art masters like Qi Baishi, Zhang Daqian, and Tang Yin, but this painting has special significance to my family, so I can't just give it to you."