Chapter 294

Unless, in her previous life, they weren't divorced at all.

Seeing Jennie falling into a daze, Song Kang frowned. "Have you ever seen a divorce certificate?"

Jennie put her hand on her lap and, without speaking, looked up at him. "But I think Lisa is not a common person. With the Manoban family's power and Lisa's ability, he can easily get the divorce procedures done as long as I signed the divorce agreement, can't he?"

Song Kang sneered. "Naive."

Jennie fell silent.

In the afternoon, she accompanied Song Kang in the hospital and chatted with him for some time, and at sunset, when the doctor came in to take him to have a stomach check, Jennie got up and left.

On the way back to the hotel, she took out her cell phone to check online whether it was necessary for both husband and wife to attend the divorce proceedings in person, and the answer was yes. Both husband and wife must be present in person at the same time, which was a statutory condition for handling divorce procedures.

When the taxi stopped in front of the hotel, the driver looked back at her, only to see that her eyes glazed over after she checked her phone and then she leaned against the seat with her eyes closed as if she were about to fall asleep. The driver stopped the car and woke her up. "Lady, we've arrived. Are you feeling sick? Shall I take you to the hospital?"

Jennie immediately opened her eyes and didn't look sleepy at all. "No, thanks."

Then she paid the fare, opened the door, and got out of the car.

Before she went back to her room, she took out her cell phone and wanted to call Lisa to ask him, but thinking of a possibility and that she had told him that she didn't want to have anything to do with him that day, she thought it was unnecessary to call him.

She should just finish the work here and get back to Seoul as soon as possible, and then she would find out the truth as long as she checked it in the Civil Affairs Bureau of Seoul.

When Jennie woke up the next morning, she opened her phone, only to find she was bombarded with messages.

Rosé. [What happened?! (picture)]

Jennie enlarged the picture that Rosé sent to her. This was a screenshot of a financial newspaper with a color photo on it. It was in Song Kang's ward in the hospital. She was feeding Song Kang and both of them were smiling and looked quite close.

It seemed that the picture was taken by some medical staff member or someone passing by through the transparent window on the door of the ward. She didn't expect a person would know who they were, take a photo of them, and sell it to a newspaper.

The business circle was not as complicated as the entertainment circle, but some famous bigshots of the most outstanding figures of the industry were often interviewed by the media, and gradually gained popularity.

Besides, the real estate industry had attracted much attention in Korea, so many people had seen the names and photos of the heads of large domestic real estate companies like BGY.

The photo was titled "Forbes listed young female entrepreneur returned to Korea because she fell in love with the general manager of BGY Group!"

Seeing it, instead of replying to Rosé, Jennie made a call and ordered her men to have this stupid news removed from the media.

JM Group may not be powerful enough to manipulate the media, but she was able to make this gossip news published in an insignificant financial media disappear. Financial media was not as popular as entertainment ones, so she could remove the news and photo before they were widely spread.