Chapter 204

After the celebration dinner, the studio's staff dined near the new office building.

Since the studio paid the two hundred million dollars back to the Manoban Corporation overnight, Yeji and the others dared not ask anything Jennie at all. Although the studio now had a lot of liquidity, they were still cooperating with other investors, but Jennie suddenly paid back the money to the Manoban Corporation... Even if they didn't know exactly what happened, they could guess that there must be something wrong between Jennie and CEO Manoban.

And it must be a big problem.

Yeji and other colleagues frequently looked at Jennie. The calmer she looked, the more they worried about her.

"Boss, the studio has moved here anyway, and there are so many employees, including Sister Rosé. If you are in a bad mood, you can rest for some time," Yeji said.

"The studio has independently developed to today's situation. I'll only be happy. How can I be in a bad mood?" Jennie took a bottle of beer but didn't drink it. Instead, she shook it gently in her hand and put it on the coffee table.

Yeji still wanted to ask her, but Rosé kept winking at her. Under Rosé's stare, she dared not ask anymore but took the wine out of Jennie's hand and brought her a glass of juice. "Now our studio is developing better and better. Sister Rosé is a competent vice-president, and there are also department managers in charge. Boss, you need to relax. Why don't you go out for a vacation? Let's book a ticket for you to travel to H city, okay?"

"I came back from vacation just a few months ago," Jennie raised her eyebrows.

"What vacation did you take? Why don't we know?"

"The week I disappeared for no apparent reason." Jennie held her chin in her hand, her finger gently touching her cheek, and she said with a faint smile, "I secretly went on vacation that week."

But from Jennie's expression, they could tell she was not having a vacation. Yeji and Rosé exchanged a glance.

Rosé didn't speak but turned her eyes to her calm face and then her hand.

"You have been back from America for so long, but I haven't asked you. Why is there a scar on your hand?" Rosé pointed to the burn on the back of her hand and wrist that still hadn't completely gone. "The last time I asked you, you said nothing, and then you put concealer on your hand every day, and I forgot to ask again."

With that, she held Jennie's hand and looked at it back and forth. "This scar seems to be pretty long. I remember the skin on your hand was white and tender before. This is obviously a burn scar. When did you get burned? Where? Why is this scar so big?"

"It's okay. I just accidentally burned my hand."

"Boss, don't put concealer on your hand anymore. Use ointment to protect your skin and remove your scar. Fortunately, the scar is only a little red and isn't very obvious. I think it will disappear soon. Concealer will affect the healing of your scar. Don't use it again," Yeji said gently and stroked Jennie's hand. "Such a large scar. It must have hurt."

Jennie looked at her hands and remembered how miserable she had been. She had finally left that terrible place and returned to Seoul, only to jump from a strange fire pit into the one she was familiar with.

She had been looking forward to returning to Seoul as soon as possible.

And she had finally come back.

Jennie changed the subject and brought it to Rosé's recent relationship with her boyfriend. The atmosphere of the dinner was revived by her awkward emotional experience. Everyone was laughing and joking when Jennie's cell phone rang.