Chapter 338

After a moment, Jennie turned off the computer and said, "Lisa."

"Hm?"

"I am still considering whether or not to meet the client I'm supposed to meet. In the beginning, I intended to have a talk with him, but when I think about it carefully, it seems too coincidental, and I feel that the timing and reason of the financial company's olive branch to us is somewhat far-fetched."

Jennie said, somewhat gloomily, "But I'm already here, and it wouldn't be right if I didn't meet him."

Lisa took a look at her and smiled. "It's never too late to be alert."

Jennie frowned and looked at him with a jerk. "Did that company really have something to do with Aqib's brother? After all, I was there when you were kidnapped in Cambodia. If they have investigated, they will certainly find me. They're trying to get me, aren't they?"

"Hm."

At first, Jennie was thinking about how Lisa planned to solve this problem, but she felt that nothing would happen. At most, he could not return to Seoul until the problem was solved. However, when she slept just now, she dreamed of many things in Cambodia three years ago, so suddenly she felt afraid.

It was said that Aqib's brother had been living in war-torn countries for years. He was probably even more ruthless than his brother, and nothing would stop him from getting what he wanted.

"Then I won't see anyone from that company." Jennie paused for a moment and then said, "in case anything bad happens."

"I have arranged another good company for you. Don't worry about your project. The people and companies I find for you are definitely safe. Just ignore any other company that contacts you during this period."

Jennie raised her eyebrows. "Did you arrange another company for me?"

The man looked around, took the computer that she held in her bosom, and said indifferently, "I don't want to see you make a trip in vain."

Make... make a trip in vain?

It was because she insisted that she came to the United States for work and not for him, so even if the arranged work should be changed, he still let her work. He just didn't want to embarrass her.

"...Then I'll meet the client you arranged."

With Lisa's experience, the people he arranged would be much more reliable than the people she would have met. The success rate would be higher, and the cooperation would also be much easier.

"Ok, I'll give you the contact information later."

Jennie agreed and nodded.

Lisa continued to read her emails on her computer, smiling as he thought of her trust and cooperation and how she listened to him obediently after she knew about the danger.

In the evening, they had dinner in the hotel. After Lisa talked things over with the people of XI Base, Jennie followed him down the stairs and had dinner with him. People of the base still remembered her, especially K and his men who were very kind to Jennie and called her Mrs. Manoban or sister-in-law when they saw her.

It all started with the meals she had cooked for them and the socks she washed for them in Cambodia...

She wondered how Jisoo and Sehun were doing. When Sehun went to the UK to take Jisoo away, Jennie was busy with her work. She called Jisoo occasionally, but the latter, unlike Rosé who liked to share her feelings with her friends, would never talk about her love life or ask her friend for help. Jisoo would only show her quiet, feminine side in front of Jennie, but for the most of the time, just as K described, she was a very cold, cool woman who was very good at martial arts and unapproachable, but Sehun seemed to be addicted to her and couldn't forget her.