Chapter 218

Seeing the naturally pleased and joyful appearance of the person on the sofa, Jennie hesitated. She did not wish to draw trouble unto herself. Even though she had only just opened the door, she immediately moved to step back.

However, Mina had already seen her. Her gaze shifted in Jennie's direction, and the provocation in her eyes was strong. "Big sister, did you come to look for me?"

The words 'Big sister' made Jennie pause on the door. She indifferently turned back to glance at Mina. At this moment, everyone had already turned their attention onto her.

"Miss Kim, this is your sister?" One of the wealthy young ladies asked in curiosity.

The words 'Miss Kim' naturally were not directed at Jennie.

"Of course. My surname is Kim. Coincidentally, her surname is also Kim." Mina glanced at Jennie, but her eyes were clearly mocking the truth behind her birth.

Since she had already been drawn into their conversation topic, it wasn't as simple for Jennie to step out. She coldly glanced in their direction and entered.

Coincidentally, earlier in the exhibition center, she could only find flavored drinks and alcoholic beverages. There wasn't any bottled water in sight. She saw a water dispenser in the makeup room and immediately headed over. She took a paper cup from the side and poured herself some water.

"Miss Kim, your sister seems to be a little arrogant." The young lady spoke up again. As one's first impression was always the strongest, she assumed that Mina was easy to speak to, while her sister, who did not even greet them after entering, was an arrogant and pompous person.

"Don't you know of JM Group? My sister Jennie is the person who recently climbed to the top of the Forbes' list of Korean Power Businesswomen Under Twenty-Five." Mina then turned toward Jennie, putting on an earnest expression to say: "It wasn't easy for you to climb to the top of the ranking. You have to act the part, at least, don't you? Otherwise, won't you be putting the position of JM Group's CEO to shame?"

Both of the young ladies knew very little about Jennie; she was truly unfamiliar to them. On the other hand, when the two makeup artists heard that Jennie was JM Group's CEO, they immediately restrained their originally narrow-minded expressions.

At this moment, the two wealthy ladies by Mina side sneered: "So what if you've climbed onto Forbes' list? Just like the awards you receive in the entertainment world, if you wish to have a status, all you have to do is to sleep with a few investors several times.

Mina lowered her eyes, and calmly said, "That's true. My sister previously also owned a property studio in Seoul, but ever since she left for England, she stopped contacting us. Who knows which amazing thigh she managed to hold onto? She established her company and built her image as a strong career woman, even if she really did anything dirty with anyone, I suspect that she wouldn't admit it... aiya, what am I saying? She is my sister. How can I say these things..."

"These sorts of occurrences are far too common in our circle. It all depends on whether or not you're willing to wait on a man." As one of the ladies spoke, she glanced at Jennie, who was sipping her water by the side. Jennie appeared to be mindless of their words. She then turned back to Mina: "It is similar to the way you are right now, Miss Kim. You have CEO Wang backing you. If you were willing to sacrifice more, I'm sure your career would become even more comfortable, wouldn't it?"

"I'm not as capable as her. Besides, although Brother Wang takes good care of me, our relationship isn't as you say. It's very pure between the two of us. He simply tries to take care of me a little."

"Why are you being so humble? You're wearing such a large, pink diamond. A pink diamond represents pure, romantic love. Since Mr. Wang was able to gift you with this pink diamond necklace, it means that he has clear intentions for you. You should treasure this opportunity and let CEO Wang bring your studio up as well. This way, you won't have to worry about a certain someone stepping all over you." The lady shifted her eyes toward Jennie meaningfully.