Baby? (Part 4, Rina)

Ricky's POV
"I'm home!" I walk in to see my wife of a year and a half on the couch breastfeeding our three month old daughter. "Hi Sweetie."

"Hi, Ricky." She said, adjusting the baby a bit. "How was work?"

"Good. How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I'm good. We had a pretty lazy day."

"We need those days." I flopped down beside her and kissed her neck, careful to avoid interrupting the feeding. She wasn't really covered up because she never did when we were alone.

"I've got to lie her down." Gina nodded to the baby, and made her way to our bedroom.

She walked back downstairs, looking a bit red. Then I noticed why.

"Could you help me with this?" She asked, her strap loose.

"I got you." I said, standing up and adjusting it.

"Thanks. So was work good?"

"Yeah. Now are you okay? You look exhausted." I rubbed my thumb over her cheek.

"Ricky, you're the one who was working."

"And you're the one taking care of a child who has only been on this earth for three months."

"Okay, I'm a little tired."

"Let's get you something to eat."

"Okay." She nodded.

I grabbed her a granola bar quickly, handing it to her.

"Just until I can get dinner cooked up." I assured her. "I'm gonna change."

I quickly changed into some sweats and walked back to the kitchen where Gina sat at the island, and elbow on the counter and her face in her hand. I kissed the side of her head quickly.

"Food's coming, babygirl, I promise. I'm gonna make some macaroni and cheese, if that's okay."

"Food." She muttered.

"Okay, you're dehydrated. Drink this." I handed her a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Ricky, I'm fine." She slurred.

"You're exhausted." I secured the pot of boiling water on the stove, then walking behind my wife. I placed my hands on her clearly stiff shoulders and began rubbing them. She let a moan escape.

"Thanks." She leaned back onto me.

"Gina, baby, you need rest." I kissed the top of her head.

"I'm f-fine." She started her to collapse in her stool a bit, all her weight falling on me.

"No, no. No, you're not." I picked her up bridal style, carrying her to the couch and placing her down on it lightly. She laid on it horizontally, not laying down on it.

"I'm sorry, Ricky, I'm useless right now."

"You're not useless, you're overworked."

"I'll be fine. Let me go for a quick run, and I'll be back to normal."

"No way. You're not going anywhere, you'll pass out."

"F-fine."

•••20 minutes later•••

"Dinner's here. Let's just do a couch dinner and watch TV."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too. So much. C'mere." I pulled her into my arms. Everything was going to be okay.

Even with what we discovered nine months later...