Gina, are you here?

Thank you all so much for 3,000 reads! This is a nice longer one for you guys!! This is kind of an alternative to what could happen in 2x06, or the episode where they do the acting intensive over the weekend. EJ notices that  Gina seems kind of off and tries to help her. I don't ship Portwell, but I love their frienship! I'm going to pick up after Miss Jenn announces the intensive.
🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭
EJ's POV
As Miss Jenn explains what the intensive will include. I notice Gina slide in beside me on the top bench.

She was late. Gina Porter's never late.

She takes her bag off and I take a quick look at her face. Her eyes were the tiniest bit red and puffy. Some wouldn't notice, but I would.

She takes her phone out of her bag, then, and begins texting someone.

"Gina? Gina, are you here?" Miss Jenn asks.

Gina looks up suddenly, placing her phone in her pocket.

"Hmm. Yeah, yeah."

"Are you okay?" I nudge her lightly as Miss Jenn continues talking.

She flinched away. "Sorry. Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"I...I've been texting my mom a little bit." She admits.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah, umm..."

"Gina, EJ. Please pay attention to the exercise." Miss Jenn said.

"Sorry." Gina muttered.
📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱📱
"Drop your noodle and next pair up for a mirroring exercise." Miss Jenn told us about half an hour after that.

I notice Gina awkwardly standing to the side when Ricky approaches her.

"Hey, Gi. Want to..?" He points between them, signaling that he was wondering if they could partner up.

She just stares at him for a second, no emotion in her face. But I could see the look of previous pain in her eyes. She turns and walks away.

"May I have this exercise?" I asked her, trying to chip away at some of the awkwardness. I am the archaeologist of their angst (anyone get that reference? No? Got it.)

"Team Wonderstudy. Yeah, I've got you." She says, smiling for what seemed to be the first time that day.

"So how have you been?" I asked her as we walked to an area to start the warmup.

"I'm okay." She said. "You?"

"I'm good, listen. What we're you going to say earlier? About your mom?"

"Oh. I've just been talking with her a bit more than usual. She's moving again, so I was just figuring out what I wanted to do next."

"You don't mean."

"Listen, EJ, nothing is set in stone in my world. That's something you all just have to work with. I might stay, I might go with my mom, I might move off on my own. Who knows?"

"Okay." I sighed. "Let's do this." I moved on to the activity.

If she had to leave us, I sure as hell hoped she wouldn't go off on her own. I don't think she treats herself right quite yet, and without anyone to make sure she's eating and sleeping, I don't know if she's ready for that.
🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀
"It's Yes, And people!" Miss Jenn called. Gina and Ashlyn went to the front of the room to begin their conversation.