I'm Gonna Save You (1)

This was recommended by Hannahdock2005 I hope this is what you were asking for! I took some creative ownership and changed the time Gina and Ricky met a bit to make them closer. 

Ricky's POV
Gina Porter and I are best friends. We met in middle school. She was in sixth grade, and I was in seventh. Ever since then, we've been close, understanding each other.

We're the only ones who fully understand each other. So I can't lose her, because this is a one in a million chance.

Now I'm a senior, and Gina's a junior. It's September now, and Gina's been dating her boyfriend, RJ Cowbell (no, not EJ, I couldn't do this to him), since June.

At the beginning of their relationship, they seemed perfect. But now I'm staying to see some flaws.

Gina's POV
"RJ, there's a party tonight, do you want to come with me?" I asked softly, from the opposite side of the couch. I thought couples could cuddle.

"I've got a game tonight." He said harshly, and he wouldn't look up from the screen where he was playing video games.

"Okay. Well, I'll text you after."

"What? No, Gina, you're not going without me." He grabbed my wrist, as I turned away.

"RJ, let go. You're holding too tight."

"Oh. I'm...sorry." He let go. "Gina, Baby. Guys could start hitting on you."

"So? It's not like they'd do anything. And I sure as hell wouldn't let them. Ricky's gonna be there, too, he'll make sure a guy doesn't-"

"Gina, I said no!"

Slap

He hit me.

He hit me.

He hit me.

He hit me.

That had never happened.

"Okay. Don't worry, honey, I won't go. I'm just gonna go home." I told him, backing away.

"Stay."

"RJ, I'd have to go anyway. I'll just stay home and study, Ricky will probably come over and study with me anyway, we have a science class together with a test next week."

"Gina! I don't want you to see Ricky anymore. He's not good for you."

(He's not good for her? Look in a mirror, bud!)

"Fine. I'm leaving, now. But I'll be alone."

"Good. You better. Now get out!" He pushed me out the door aggressively.

As soon as the door was slammed shut, I was in tears. I don't have a car, and I've never driven alone anyway.

So now I need to walk.

Ricky's POV
I was driving back home tonight. I didn't have any particular reason to go on this drive, but when things are rough at home, I tend to go on drives.

Then I saw her.

Gina.

She was- wait she was crying!?

I stopped the car on the side of the road, immediately running over to her and taking her in my arms.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. RJ and I just got in a fight." She looked away, and I noticed her pulled up hood falling down.

"What about?" My eyebrows furrowed. Something about her body language, stature, and overall appearance was off.

"It's not a big deal, Ricky."

"You're crying, Gina. Gi, your cheek..."

"What?" She subconsciously placed her hand over it.

"It's scratched, bleeding." I peeled her hand off. "Did he touch you?" Tears began streaming down my own cheeks, my voice cracking.

"Yes." She barely whispered. I hugged her.

"I'm gonna save you."