Hurt Less pt. 1 (Rina)

PLEASE READ! One shot overload today! This is another alternative after season 1. Nini and Ricky didn't get back together, but they are back to being very close and they often choose to show how much they care about each other in physical ways. Like hugging or sitting close on the couch or bleachers. Gina hadn't really gotten over her crush on Ricky, and Ricky isn't seeing what he did to her.

Ricky's POV
We were on our way to Ashlyn's house. We being Big Red, Nini, and I.

We picked up Big Red from the pizza place because he was bringing food, and then we were on our way.

When we arrived Ashlyn was already standing by the door.

"Hey. Is Gina here? Heard she was staying?" I ask, as Big Red gives Ash a quick kiss on the cheek.

"She's in the living room." Ashlyn smiles.

"Hey, Gina." Nini says as she enters.

"Hey, Guys," Gina says, from the piano bench.

I sit down on a couch with Nini, pressing my leg against hers.

Gina's POV
"So how are you guys?" I asked, expecting an answer from each of them on their own, singular, selves. Not what I received.

"We're good." Ricky said, smiling down at Nini.

They aren't a thing!?

"What have you been up to over break?" I asked, clearing my throat to break their eye contact.

Other people were filing in now. EJ, Carlos, Seb, and Kourtney had all arrived.

"We've been hanging out a lot." Ninj grinned. "With Carlos and Seb, Big Red and Ash."

They're all couples.

"So you two are..?"

"No! We're just friends." Ricky said.

He'll never like you.

"How's stuff for you in the romance department?" Nini asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"It's nonexistent." I muttered.

No one will love you. Ever.

"You're fifteen. You've got time." EJ butted in, sitting on the bench beside you.

I looked up at him, no clear emotion present. I just looked back down to my legs.

So what if you're fifteen? You're moving around now, and you still will be in three years.

"You okay?" EJ nudges you softly. We had gotten closer since moving in with the Caswell's.

"I'm fine." I murmured, noticing Nini and Ricky laughing, and leaning into each other's arms. "I'm getting a root beer."

"You good, Roomie?" Ashlyn asked, as she walked in with two plates of pizza for people.

"I said I'm fine!"

Ricky's POV
She's not fine.