"we're our biggest critic"

This is in no way hating on Sofia! I think she's so beautiful with and without anything on her face. I'm writing this for three reasons.

1. Myself with insecurities
2. My readers who might feel similar
3. Sofia has opened up quite a bit on feeling insecure about her skin recently.

And if you haven't been told this today, YOU ARE SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL!

Gina's POV
I hate my face.

Like, I think my eyes are kind of pretty, and my other features aren't horrible, but does anyone wonder why I wear makeup so much?

I struggle with acne quite a bit, that's why.

"Gina!? You here?" I heard my boyfriend call from downstairs. My mom wasn't home now.

"Yeah, I'm here. Come on up!" I quickly pulled my hood over my freshly washed face.

"Hey, Beautiful." He wrapped his arms around my waist as I winced at the nickname and the fact that we were facing a mirror.

"Hi." I quickly pulled away and walked into my room. "You staying with me tonight?"

"Well your mom's not here, so yes. I want to keep you safe and protected in my arms."

"Okay." I quickly flicked the lights off.

"It's only nine, and it's Friday. Can't we watch some TV or something?"

"We don't have to go to bed, let's just have them off." I grumbled, sitting down and patting the bed.

"Okay." He shrugged. "Can I see your pretty face?"

He put his hand on my acne covered chin, and I flinched back, knowing he could feel the bumps and scars.

"I'm cold."

"I'll warm you up with kisses all over that fantastic face of yours."

"How do you know it's 'fantastic'?" I finally braved the chance of asking such a question, scared for the response.

"Umm...because I've seen it..?"

"No you haven't."

"What does that mean? What's with the mumbling, Angel?"

"I wear makeup all the time. I'm literally covered in dozens of scars and pimples. You won't like my face."

"Everyone has those. I never said you don't."

"Huh?" I looked up, surprised, and letting go of my knees I'd been holding to my chest. It was all I'd have to hold soon, I'd thought. I won't have Ricky.

"Look, I have them." He pointed out a few marks on his face. To him they were rather noticeable, I bet. But not to me.
"We're our biggest critic. You're face is perfect. I don't think that acne and beauty are opposites. I figured you probably had some since everyone does, but I didn't think that made you, or any other person, any less beautiful."

We're our biggest critic.