Unrequited Crush? (Gini)

Guys, we got to 8,000 reads on these one shots, thanks so much! Let's get to 10,000 by Valentines Day! Here's a one shot to celebrate, enjoy, and...

PLEASE SUBMIT REQUESTS!

Ricky's POV
So Gina and Nini have this weird thing where we all know they're in love but they don't.

We're sitting at lunch now, and Gina and Nini are, of course, next to each other.

Gina always was one of the first to lunch, and she sat down in a spot where no one was one either side of her.

Gina doesn't say it, but I can tell under her mask of confidence, she's really insecure.

For example, she thinks none of us want her sitting next to us, and the ones who get here last are punished by sitting beside her. But Ashlyn always does!

And Nini always wants to, that's for sure.

We were going around, talking about our 'type' and our dream dates, and it was pretty entertaining.

"What about you, Gina?" She was playing with the food on her plate, it clearly not eaten at all. She was staring down at it, frowning slightly.

"Umm...I don't really know." She barely whispered, and Nini frowned. "I've never actually been on a date, or been able to figure out my feelings for anyone." She shrugged.

"You've never been on a date?" Nini asked, utter shock on her face.

Gina laughed humorously, shrugging. "I haven't. Sorry to ruin the mood, guys. I think I'm gonna go." Gina stood up, throwing her food out, and leaving the tray.

"Gina, wait! God, what did I do?" Nini asked.

Gina's POV
As soon as school was over, I headed home, sitting down at my keyboard.

My mom is on a trip, and won't be here for the next few days, so I prepare for another night at home alone.

I turn on the keys, and begin playing something I'd been scribbling down in my notebook.

Walkin' home in the dark in the rain, yeah
Got me wrapped up in your sweater, sweater
Holdin' hands with a heart-shaped grenade, yeah
Are we friends or somethin' better?
But I, I'm a little famous
For ruining everything
And I hope if anything changes
It changes to you and me
Call it love or just a rush
Call it real and call it us
Call it a crush, call it a song
Call it what you want
Right now, all I know is I want you
All at once, I'm feeling new
Fingers crossed you feel it too
Call it a crush, call it a song
Call it what you want
Right now, all I know is I want you

Nini's POV
After school, I drove over to Gina's house, eager to apologize for upsetting her earlier.

One thing about Gina's house, the walls and doors are thin. She does ent exactly live in the safest part of town.

When I got to her door, ready to knock, I heard soft piano and singing.

All at once, I'm feeling new
Fingers crossed you feel it too
Call it a crush, call it a song
Call it what you want
Right now, all I know is I want you

I knocked a few moments after it finished.   The door opened immediately.

"Nini? What're you doing here?" She asked, wiping her eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just need to clean the house. Dust allergies, you know?" She laughed nervously.

"Allergies. Sure. Why are you crying?"

"Umm...I don't think I really want to talk about it."

"Is it about a guy, Gina, because if someone you like is doing this to you, I swear to whatever gods are out there that I'm gonna kill them-"

"Please don't hurt yourself Nini!" She blurted, covering her mouth.

"W-what?"

"I know you like guys, Nini, and this'll probably ruin whatever we have, but I don't like guys, not anymore, and you're the only one I really-"

Gina's POV
She kissed me.

"Um." I pulled away confusedly.

"Does that ease your mind?" She asked. "There's a reason I broke up with Ricky."