2x08 alternative

After Nini and Ricky break up, Ricky goes to Ashlyn's house to see Gina instead of Big Red's.

Gina's POV
I just woke up finding EJ's Duke sweatshirt laying over me, and he was gone. I smiled and folded it up, setting it on the coffee table when I heard the door bell ring.

"Ricky?" I asked, opening the door. "Whoa, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I was just at Ni-" He swallowed quickly, not able to finish.

I took him in a hug, already knowing what must've happened.

"I'm sorry, Ricky. Come in."

"I'm sorry, Gina, I don't know why I came. I know how much you hate talking about my relationship."

"Ricky, stop. I don't hated hearing about your relationship, I just- never mind, it's about you right now."

"No, Gina, what I need right now is a distraction. You can talk to me."

"Come." I sighed, taking show wrist and pulling him up the stairs to Ashlyn's room. We sat down on my mattress on the floor.

"Gina, I might be having hard time, but I know you are too. So what's up?"

"All I can say is that I didn't like hearing about you and Nini because I wanted something like that. Really, really badly."

"I'm sorry, Gina. I'm sure you'll find someone you like. You have time."

"That's the thing. I've already found...this guy. But he could never like me back."

"Who is it. Do I know him?"

"You could say that."

"Is he at East?"

"Mhm."

"What grade is he in?"

"He's a junior."

"Ahh, so you like the older guys, huh?" He teased, poking my cheek.

"Ricky! Come on!" I whined.

"Sorry, but listen, Gina. You are wonderful. You will find your person. I promise. Besides, I'm sure there are people cursing over you who you'll never like."

"Sure there are."

"Well, maybe they just can't say it because they just had a breakup and they don't want to look like they were cheating on their girlfriend."

"Are you saying..?"

"Gina, I can't have another girlfriend right now, but...can I just hold your hand."

"Yeah. Yeah, Ricky, you can."